The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Floaty Harrier.  Excellent idea.  No need for a step on the hull if it's strictly VTOL.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A Harrier floatplane, eh?

Just about the fastest way of boiling the water for the entire squadron's tea ever!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 19, 2015, 02:00:08 AM
A Harrier floatplane, eh?

Just about the fastest way of boiling the water for the entire squadron's tea ever!  :thumbsup:

.....and the fish float to the surface ready cooked!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

lol that's pretty good ! I'm sure they\d work out some kind of saying for a launch or recovery including tea and fish !

I was going to use the Duck float just for ease.....I might use a larger central float and scratch the pylon portion of that.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much on the go last night. Started cleaning up the bits on the Sword T.4 or whatever they call the GR.3 nosed trainer. Another Harrier in the pile....I'm thinking I will try and finish them, do all the stencils and common decals, and then try and do some of my own decals to keep all of that common. With this many Harrier I don't want too much variation in their markings.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much to report here. Got home from work, helped make dinner ( yummy omelettes w/ ham, asparagus, mushroom, tomato and Swiss cheese ) then it was off to the garage for some 1:1 work as I had to rebuild the suspension on my bike. With that done, showered up, watch a bit of hockey and try some modelling. Mostly stencils on the GR.3+. Again stalled at the decaling stage, but at least I'm stinking to the plan, somewhat.

Hope to sit down tonite and gloss coat the T.4 Army version, so I can get on with decaling it. Then start another GR.3. Might swing by my LHS and go 'all in' with a GR.1, GR.3, FRS.1 and FA.2 that he still has in stock. Get 'em while I can sort of thing....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

What about a pair of water skis as well?

Captain Canada

I was wondering what that smell was  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nowt on the go last night. I got home thinking this and this and this, and by the time I actually settled in front of the tele I didn't feel like doing anything. Ho hum.

:angry: :-\
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 22, 2015, 05:09:41 AM
Nowt on the go last night. I got home thinking this and this and this, and by the time I actually settled in front of the tele I didn't feel like doing anything. Ho hum.

:angry: :-\

I've been having too many of those lately... Must be the heat...  :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Heat ? It's only 6 degrees up here ! Brrr.....

Got a wee bit done tonite. A bit of painting anyway. I really need to get on with it.... :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Ouch... Thought you'd be starting summer around there too... :banghead:  Here in the south of Portugal we're getting summer temperatures already...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Finally warming a bit....very humid today.

It's Memorial Day in the USA, so the wife is home from work, and I am off as well, so good day for tele and a little glueing and painting. Time to get on with it !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still wasting away in Harrierville. I will succeed tho ! Got a few bits painted, mainly tires, canopies and some ords sorted. Also a few stencil decals added. Hope to get a wee bit more done tonite and 'the big reveal' in a week or two.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nothing done last night. I was banished from my hobby table as the wife made me watch tele upstairs. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are on almost every night so I've been hogging the tv downstairs....oh well, maybe get a few things sorted today !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?