The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Spent half an hour wandering around the basement looking for the Gannet AEW.3. Found the box straight away but had no idea what I did with it's contents. Finally found it in a plastic Christmas light box, under an empty shoe box....still haven't found the instructions tho. Anybody have any links to good pictorial references of this particular mk. ? I'd love to open one up. What about that wee bomb bay looking thing in the rear ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

That's an excellent drawing and very useful, thanks. But the AEW is different as it doesn't have the drop down radar, and instead had 2 sets of double door things. At least that's what they look like in the molds. I have found one underside pic where you can clearly see them, but they are closed.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Oops, sorry - didn't look at the mark number, I was too pleased with myself for finding a BIG cutaway...  :banghead:

How about this, then?

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/fairey_gannet_aew.3/index.php?Page=2

Cheers

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 30, 2015, 04:59:17 AM
That's an excellent drawing and very useful, thanks. But the AEW is different as it doesn't have the drop down radar, and instead had 2 sets of double door things. At least that's what they look like in the molds. I have found one underside pic where you can clearly see them, but they are closed.

No idea which panel lines your referring to Captain, can we have a picture please.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2015, 01:36:21 PM
You can see something like a 'bomb bay' in this shot from Rock Lowe's link.

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin3/fairey_gannet_aew.3/images/fairey_gannet_aew.3_11_of_35.jpg

Looking at that picture I would make a guess that its access doors to an equipment bay seeing that there are various scoops and exhausts to the rear of the access doors for the radar operators which are above and behind the doors mentioned in the picture by Kit.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Sorry, not a clue  :banghead:

Gondor

Captain Canada

No worries. They obviously open but you guys are probably right that it's not for anything fun, but probably access to change out equipment associated with the radar.

Thanks for the help and cheers !

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Nothing on the go here. I was all full of P and V after diagnosis, thinking I'd be sat on the couch for weeks, and I'd order some stuff I've always wanted....nevermind. Pain, lack of articulation, lack of comfort....maybe next week.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Don't push it Capt, do as the Doc orders. especially if they are young, female and attractive.  ;D

Seriously when modelling we sit in some preaty peculiar positions at times and it wouldn't do your recovery much good I would have thought

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

What they said - think of your health first.
Easy to say I know, but if you're struggling with pain or discomfort to work on things, that's hardly fun and isn't this hobby supposed to be fun?

Cheers

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 09, 2015, 06:59:37 AM
Don't push it Capt, do as the Doc orders. especially if they are young, female and attractive.  ;D

Seriously when modelling we sit in some preaty peculiar positions at times and it wouldn't do your recovery much good I would have thought

Exactly. I'm pretty sure my back damage was exacerbated by standing and sitting over projects with CG chucked forward by arms and head pulling forwards. Stick to an ibuprofen and paracetamol mix and avoid codeine/cocodamol if you can bear it....it seriously bungs up the rear escape hatch.

Wishing you quick recovery :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

Thanks guys. I got carried away already today, we need to load up for the big motocross Nationals, trying to move a trailer by hand. I was taking complete care not to use my left side with the broken collarbone....completely ignoring the fact that my chest and ribs are all smashed up as well.....d'oh !

On the modelling front I have been picking away at a few details on the Goose. Not sure how carried away I'm going to get as of yet....just somat for my idleness.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?