The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Carried away pushing a trailer by hand... :blink: Bet you felt like a cold one right after that...  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

lol it's just a wee three rail motorcycle trailer, actually quite light when empty and super easy to move either by picking it up by the tongue or by rolling it with the jack leg down. It's just that I'm busted up more than I care to admit and being 'the man' it's extremely hard to stand back and wait for/ watch others !  :banghead:

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Can't get into the mood today. Worried about the boys moto tomorrow and the fact that i'll be away all day alone.....and the driving bit. I'd rather stay home but he wants to ride. Oh well, as they say, suck it up butter cup !

Maybe a wee nap and I'll find some motivation.

:unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I tried to make some bulkheads for the Goose last night, to no avail. I traced the outline of the nose that I had cut off, and then reduced the outline by the width of the plastic, and cut it out. Twice. Both times it was way off. I tell ya, this old ;head injury' thing is getting old lol. Oh well, going to try her again today !

:blink: :unsure: :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 26, 2015, 05:24:36 AM
I tried to make some bulkheads for the Goose last night, to no avail. I traced the outline of the nose that I had cut off, and then reduced the outline by the width of the plastic, and cut it out. Twice. Both times it was way off. I tell ya, this old ;head injury' thing is getting old lol. Oh well, going to try her again today !

:blink: :unsure: :wacko:

Try using either some solder wire or soft wire to trace the shape of the inside just like I have done in my RF-4M build.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Now you're talking ! Thanks for that tip !

:wub: :wub: :tornado: :drink: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Works a charm !

:wub:

Prob not going to get much done tonite....it's our 20th wedding anniversary. Dinner and a drink I guess. Then we have my daughter's leaving party on Friday, as she's attending Uni in Ottawa soon. A wedding in Michigan on Saturday, then this, then that.....an unemployed bum just can't relax these days lol.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

I found when I was getting very little work that I was busier during the day than when I was at work!

Apparently retirees find the same.

Cheers

Rheged

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 26, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
I found when I was getting very little work that I was busier during the day than when I was at work!

Cheers

This retired individual  finds exactly that!  I think Kit and Narses would agree.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on August 26, 2015, 12:59:59 PM

Cheers

This retired individual  finds exactly that!  I think Kit and Narses would agree.

I would agree as well, having spent 18 months without employment.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Good to know ! I pretty much have tomorrow to myself ( I think ) and hope to get a wee bit more done. Cheers guys !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Cheers

Absolutely, I'm trying like crazy to find the 36 hr day!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

On another note I saw the UDT Boat kit at a local Michael's store.  $32.99. I almost bought it with a 40% off coupon, but I'll wait until the 50% off one comes out  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Cheers

Yup, been retired 8 1/2 years and can honestly say I've never once gone "what do I do now ?". Always busy, in a good way  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Good stuff ! I'd prob get a lot more done if I weren't all busted up  :thumbsup: Felt so crappy yesterday that I completely crashed for over 3 hours....totally ruined my sleep last night ! Oh well. I'm up and at 'em now !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?