The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I was cutting some exhaust header access holes in the front wings of a 1/24 Plymouth Satellite A/FX drag race car once, while spending Christmas at my parent's-in law (as you do.... ;D) and the very long bladed Black and Decker knife I was using suddenly broke through the car's inner wing and plunged up to the hilt in my right knee!  :o

I unhooked the model from the knife handle and said 'Oh dear, I've stabbed myself!' (quick, wasn't I?  ;D) whereupon my then wife, not Mrs_PR19, looked over at me and passed out! Her Dad sprinted across, grabbed hold of the knife handle and pulled it out of my knee while at the same time gripping my thigh VERY tightly with the other hand and screamed for my mother-in-law to get an ambulance.

I had to have seven stiches in the cut and I still have the scar to this day. The Plymouth won a prize at the local IPMS Branch later on, but I'm not sure it was actually worth it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Funny story along those lines...My mother caught my father trying to butterfly a gash in his leg with bandaids after slicing it open with a box cutter, as he was breaking down boxes.  And I managed to once lop off a chunk of thumb with a single blade razor *and* slice open a finger picking up a carpet knife the wrong way.  3 stitches on that finger, and grossed out the lifeguard staff at the summer camp I was working at.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Ouch ! You guys are scaring me now ! lol

:blink: :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got all of these guys cleaned up. I'll try and get off my butt later and take some kind of pic that will lend scale. I guess I could always add a few know types to the pic like a Sea King and whatever other 350 scalers I've got about.

:drink:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started drilling and hacking one of the CH-37s yesterday, to open it up. lots of fun ! I'm thinking one open and one closed, in the green/ orange colour, one whit and orange, and one as the AEW type. I might order another set as well, as I'd really like to do a 50s era ship dio. Might start a build thread as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 02, 2015, 05:00:35 AM
Started drilling and hacking one of the CH-37s yesterday, to open it up. lots of fun ! Might start a build thread as well.

Start the thread, that must be seen!! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Ok, will do !

When the 72nd scale one arrives this week I'll start a combined thread featuring the 2 different scales.

Might be a bit slow until then.....busy day today and we are gone all weekend taking the daughter to Uni ( in Ottawa....might get some museum trips out of that one  :thumbsup: )

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Drive safe and don't forget to brings us some pics if those museum trips happen! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

You bet ! I hope to see both the War Museum and the National Aviation Museum. Plus don't be surprised if we hit up Trenton on the way back  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Well, it's D day here at the Pomerleau house....taking our eldest daughter up to University in Ottawa. Sad and exciting. The drive up and weekend away will be great. The 8 hours drive home without her on the other hand......

:-\
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 04, 2015, 04:49:44 AM
Well, it's D day here at the Pomerleau house....taking our eldest daughter up to University in Ottawa. Sad and exciting. The drive up and weekend away will be great. The 8 hours drive home without her on the other hand......

When they start to spread their wings ------------------------   
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Made it ! On our way up we passed Pearson International and saw a Hornet flying. Looks kinda big wonder if the USN was sending one to the CNE ?

Stopped in Trenton for a quick bite and was treated to a pair of Js doing their thing

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

:thumbsup: thanks, Captain! Those heavies are just so big and bulky... yet so beautiful in flight! And so is the Hornet, even with the gear down and at such a distance... :wub:

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 04, 2015, 05:13:48 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on September 04, 2015, 04:49:44 AM

When they start to spread their wings ------------------------   

They find their way back home again  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

lol thanks guys !

And yes you never know eh Chris ? Early days yet and we haven't even left town so hopefully she can tough it out for one, and then get a real job and carry on after !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?