The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Well, we didn't visit any of the museums up here. We should have time...the girl will be here at least 4 years  :thumbsup: Just too busy getting things sorted for her and the place is a zoo with the long weekend, end of summer, and all of the kids returning to school. But we will be hitting the museum in Trenton on the way home !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Drop off day at a university is guaranteed to be a nut house! We are on child #3. :rolleyes:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

3 ? Ouch !

Ok nevermind the previous post, today I D day ! I think it will be ok, she's been here a few days and is settling in and has new friends and has been very busy..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Seems like she'll get along just fine. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

It went fine. It wasn't until we hit hiway 402, the 'home stretch' that we kinda realized she wasn't coming home. Then I got home and had a few beers lol.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

Actually started doing some calculations the other day as one wants to do medicine and the other architecture, a combined total of anywhere between ten and twelve years of Uni :blink:. My wife is trying to convince me to buy a second house so that the rent would pay fees and then become our pension...I'm against property investment for various reasons but she's starting to convince me.

Two years of sixth form college and four years at Uni...some of the best years :party:.

Captain Canada

Got off my duff and did a wee bit of painting tonite ! The interior of the Goose, so I should be joining the fuselage tomorrow, and also added the clear bits onto the MG. Hope to touch up the paint tomorrow, and then start weathering and dirtying that one up.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Another wee session last night....getting used to this ! I did some paint touch ups etc on the MG and did manage to get the boat halves glued together. I'd like to order a set of 200 scale figures to add to it.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Looking at the Hobblinc site looks like I can get some wee dudes on order....problem is, I can't stop looking at the place and adding to my cart, and then editing my cart to get it back down to an acceptable price !

Models....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 09, 2015, 01:14:18 PM
Looking at the Hobblinc site looks like I can get some wee dudes on order....problem is, I can't stop looking at the place and adding to my cart, and then editing my cart to get it back down to an acceptable price !

Models....

:banghead:

Probably happens to most of us... i know i suffer from the same syndrome... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

And I still haven't finalized the order ! Too many ideas.... :rolleyes:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

I normally set my shopping priorities according to stock quantities in the shops or availability. If an item is hard to find and stock quantities are low, chances are the next time i think of buying said item, it's gone. :banghead: Happened once or twice so now, it's the  only way i can close an order... although i do keep some shopping carts filled for a few days while i make up my mind... ;D

Captain Canada

Good call. I saw some items at Hobbylinc on sale for dirt cheap, but I already had too much in there so I had to delete a few.

And I didn't know they could automatically check you out ! I guess I'd better not leave the 'cart unattended'  :blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

At least you have a good excuse, as you were 'forced' into it  :thumbsup: On second thought maybe I should just order everything and take my lumps from the missus later  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

We'll see....I'm off to the doc in London right now, for my 6-week check up. Hope for good news I'm a little worried about the collarbone it's still jutting up pretty good, but not nearly as painful so it must be healing. And if I hit the new hobby shop while I'm up there it's not my fault..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?