The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

So, here I sit on my second last day of disability....I go back on Wednesday and honestly, I can't wait. I've got lots done, but nothing done...and being sat about this long has been strange. I hope to wake up tomorrow morning, and get some stuff done around the house, and maybe a wee bit of modelling as well.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Yup it can be strange when you are off sick for a longish period. I know I felt quite guilty about being off work and doing "fun/hobby" things. Strangely when I had a few days off with a heavy cold or something I didn't feel guilty at all ! Once I retired I had no problem however  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's something I've thought of as well Chris, after being off this long, it will be too easy to go AWOL for a day or two ! Hopefully it doesn't become a habit.... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got a few dabs of paint on things two days ago....the windscreen for the A400 and the twin Spit. 14 hour shift to return to work had me pretty much straight to bed yesterday  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Absolutely zip going on around here. Been back at work and rather busy....and just a general lack of motivation.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rick Lowe

Work will do that... the Curse of the Modeller...  ;)

Captain Canada

I did manage to purchase a second early 109 to start my Dinah, so hopefully get onto that this week.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

looking forward to seeing that :)
ive seen the Heller has recently rereleased a Bf109B, might have to get one myself, would be a nice change from all the E end G models.

is your Dinah going to be German, Japanese or Canadian version?  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Been lost here for awhile lol. Went back to work on the 18th of November and it's been non stop ! No worries tho, great to be back at 'er. The hobby front has been lacking tho. Been out of town lots, and just generally bagged when I'm at home.

Hoping to do a wee bit this evening tho. Or maybe this afternoon. I'd like to finish up the BoB builds that didn't make the deadline.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Started the rigging on my Siskin floater, and the aerials on my twin spit. The others will be put into store for future reference. I plan on finishing the Hurricane as well, but in the new year.  :wub:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Cleaned off my build table after Christmas. Still haven`t dug anything out yet. Had a nasty cold last few days and work seems to be knocking the life out of me. Hope to be back at èr by the weekend.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

No hockey today for the boy. Worked for a few hours and mostly just sat about. I hope to dig out a model or two later tho, maybe crack on with the Cold War GB !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Got my Robert's C-133 today ! the guy at the shipping depot couldn't find it as he was looking for a model, this oddly shaped box was so light they had put it in a safe location thinking it was a violin or somat !

Big and lots

Of course new cat was willing to help inspect the resin bits  :thumbsup:

I'm also ordering the original Gene Hooker example. He said he's getting up there and the guy who does the molds is 88 so if I want one, now's the time lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Ya me too ! I'm going to clean this one up and once the other one arrives do them together, be easier for the wing spars etc. One will be an in service type, maybe with a Saturn cargo pod above, and the other will be modern with C-130J engine and props and DIRCM etc.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?