The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

To avoid the trauma of doing the deed myself I just moved out leaving all the models there for my mother to deal with.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

For sure after a lifetime of model building it's inevitable. Have had more than my share of 'cleansing' . When I moved out of my moms, my stuff got thrown out. Then I threw a bunch out when I moved in with my wife, then again when we moved....sad to think of all the treasures lost but you'd need a barn to store them all lo
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Hi Captain I've sent you another batch of pictures on your facebook page to be put up on the current and finished topic.
In your own time,
Steven

Captain Canada

OK cheers ! I go on my days off this afternoon and should have some time to hang around here  :thumbsup:

In my world, back from another stint in the US. Lots of work. We had a big open hole job, and wound up with a tool string stuck down hole at 6600 feet !

As for modelling, I glued the first weapons pylon on my A-10/ Prowler  :thumbsup: Thinking too much on that one just need to glue it and go for it  :angel:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 14, 2016, 04:39:42 AM
OK cheers ! I go on my days off this afternoon and should have some time to hang around here  :thumbsup:

In my world, back from another stint in the US. Lots of work. We had a big open hole job, and wound up with a tool string stuck down hole at 6600 feet !

As for modelling, I glued the first weapons pylon on my A-10/ Prowler  :thumbsup: Thinking too much on that one just need to glue it and go for it  :angel:

Yes!!  I want to see that one all done up...   :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you are back home. 
-Sprues McDuck-

Captain Canada

Grabbed a dew paints today to aide in the quest lol. Just need to get on it !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Thanks Captain Canada for posting those pictures, happy new year !
Steven :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

No worries mate !

Slow going around here, traditional slow time here busy busy kids home for Christmas etc etc.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Cleaning up the boys hockey room so he can do a shootout this weekend when we have our big party ( which you're all invited too, 631 Graycliff, in Sarnia  :thumbsup: ) so I thought I'd get this old box off the floor for now. part of my problem is getting nothing done due to over-thinking, so I just screwed a pair of boards to the back and hung 'er up !

And what else do you keep in an old rocket box but ords ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Looks perfect! Gives me an idea, military rustic!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Perfect!
Like you say, overthinking leads to not getting nothin' done and simple is best.

Captain Canada

Big box arrived ! Dog for scale.

Contents. Those are big sheets of plastic !

72nd scale plans, yardstick for the wing spar, decals and acetate windscreens at the bottom right.

Lastly, enough info, pics, correspondence from others whom have built the kit, plans and templates for all the various wing and fuselage formers to fill a binder !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Hell of a haul! Start building NOW!   ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That's awesome, but then Mr Hooker always did things the BIG way.  ;D

I can see you browsing the Belcher Bits web page for their Thor missile kit too, a perfect load for the Cargomaster.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

My plan is to do one as an early operational example. I was going to do RAF, but you guys had the Belfast so more likely RCAF. The second one will be modern, using J Herc or A400M nacelles and props, and maybe a new nose profile.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?