The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 19, 2017, 03:07:36 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2017, 06:08:34 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on April 17, 2017, 10:07:36 PM
and then the Duty Free for some cheap booze, and I'm home !

Didn't realise there was duty free between US and Canada. You learn something every day  :thumbsup:

Lots of towns are either just both sides of the border or are actually split by the border. So lots of people shop either side and when you come through the checkstop, you naturally stop at the 'duty free' to get your booze and fa   :-X  --- erm, smokes  ;D
And smuggled Havanas non-Cuban cigars.  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I think the only times I've crossed the U.S./Canada land border was when I went from Alaska into Canada a couple of times. There was definitely no duty free that I remember, mind you there was also a sign which basically said "if this post is unmanned please stand in front of the video camera , show your passport and state why you are entering the USA". The only way out of the town across the border in the US was by sea or back the way you'd come.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 18, 2017, 11:38:11 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 18, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

I've always wondered what "duty free" was. I assumed it was military folks buying things sans tax.

Tut, tut, such an insular life you're leading out there in the West.  ;D ;)
;D ;D

Just the way I like it.... ahhh.. bliss..... :laugh:
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Hi Captain,
I sent you a few pictures on your facebook page for your pleasure. I hope that you had a great time.

Captain Canada

Got a chance to race yesterday for the first time since my big crash in 2015. Came in 3rd in the Vintage Class on this old '78 YZ125 !

But today ? Today I went under the knife to have my collarbone repaired. Sore I must say ! Hopefully I can use my hand enough to do some modelling soon, gonna be off all summer !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Take good care of yourself Captain :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Congrats on the 3rd place and wishes of a quick recovery! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Thanks guys ! I have a big, cumbersome pad/ brace holding my arm. I really can't do much at this point.....I don't see the doc for a follow up for 3 weeks ! ! don't want to be brave/ stupid as I really need this to heal this time. Oh well, I can daydream anyway lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Can you use the arm for anything yet?

Hope you heal quickly.  Sleep and laughter help.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

The brace I have keeps my forearm at my side, so my hand is out like I'm doing a left-handed handshake. Makes it difficult to grasp anything as there's no strength when it's away from my body like this. Too bad as I've a million things to do right now  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Can you lift a beer with it?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

I will be as soon as I'm off the pain killers lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2017, 04:24:25 AM

That's why you have two hands  :cheers:

The difficult thing when one handed is opening the flippin' bottles or cans  :banghead:

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 04, 2017, 06:17:16 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2017, 04:24:25 AM

That's why you have two hands  :cheers:

The difficult thing when one handed is opening the flippin' bottles or cans  :banghead:

Nah! that's why you need one of these Todd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W02C75-adA
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike