The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Thanks Robert. Today was easy peasy. We had to do a log book course and basic milling about. We hit the field tomorrow ! First job in over 4 months. Going to need to be retrained lol.

On the model front I've been steadily picking away at that Eagle ship. I don't know how you guys do it !

Cheers guys !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

PR19_Kit

I hope it feels good to be back. Sometimes it can be a tad worrying as you 'stretch' yourself of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2017, 10:32:54 PM
I hope it feels good to be back. Sometimes it can be a tad worrying as you 'stretch' yourself of course.

Yup hope it's all gone o.k.  :thumbsup: I had a long period of sick leave in my late 30's and I was like the new kid at school when I went back  :-\ All went brilliantly though , so best of luck.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

A friend of mine is getting in to RC. I installed his RealFlight 7.5 sim and am thoroughly enjoying it ! I couldn't help myself and downloaded all of the expansion packs as well  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Hi guys ! Still kickin'. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !

Quiet night in the shack. Chilling with the missus and watching hockey. Passing the time by fiddling with a pair of old Otters I found in an old box of builds.

I'm going to do them as training aids for the Canadian Army medium and heavy lift operational training group at CFB Borden  :thumbsup:

Once I'm done fiddling and taking pics I plan on putting them back together with new paint and markings.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

TheChronicOne

Salutations! Interesting bit o' re-purposing goin' on there.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

Flew to Borden a few times in the Air Reserve Otters out of Downsview. One time they didn't have seats fitted, we just sat on the floor with cargo straps across us.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

DogfighterZen

Good to hear from you, Captain. Happy new year! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Are you going to join them together to please Tophe some?  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

DHC already has a Twotter lol

Cheers guys !

Right on cue, somebody on the Canadian Military Aircraft FB page posts up a bunch of pics.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Not much on the go around here. I'm thinking of building that P-61, pretty much OOB, but doing her up as a USN bird, two blues and a white underbelly.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 11, 2018, 03:18:31 PM
Not much on the go around here. I'm thinking of building that P-61, pretty much OOB, but doing her up as a USN bird, two blues and a white underbelly.

:thumbsup:
Don't hesitate, start immediately! I'd love to see that... that tri-color USN scheme is so nice...   :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 11, 2018, 06:51:10 PM

I'd love to see that... that tri-color USN scheme is so nice...   :wub:

I'm with you 100% there. I liked it so much that I painted my dining room walls in that scheme back in the 70s. Getting the fading right was pretty difficult with emulsion but it looked great when it was done.

I did the dining room in Japanese bomber camo as well, orange and green.  ;D

Regards
Kit