The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Must be nice to live down in the banana belt and have fun all year long. ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

The Sunny Southwest eh !

As stated, and to prove that I'm trying.....

Single seat Avenger

Wessex ( OOB but probably CDN - also funny that both models were started on the road approx. 8 months apart, with Testors paint sets purchased at Hobby Lobby, and done identical lol )

The Super Bronco

Guardian

Mustang H

Sea Fang

Go Captain !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

JayBee

The bench also lacks a whole load of clutter. I think this photo is a setup!  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Rat

Quote from: JayBee on January 06, 2019, 11:01:12 AM
The bench also lacks a whole load of clutter. I think this photo is a setup!  :rolleyes:

I've seen his bench, looks pretty much like that. The reason for the apparent lack of clutter is that he needs to leave room for the beer.

Captain Canada

That's my basement 'rec room' coffee table. Don't worry, I've got enough scattered mess to rival anyone's mess ! And as for beer, basically been home/ off work for almost a month, and it's time to dry out and prepare for busy season !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Two things I learned today. The Grumman Avenger was big. The Grumman Guardian was huge ! And since we're on the letter H, the H Mustang is also huge ! Well, maybe not that big, but deep ! And she doesn't look good in these colours.

PS-Something I always knew ? Anything related to a Spitfire is sexy  :wub:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

That high demarkation line really emphasises the depth of the 'stang's fuselage.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Looking forward to the Guardian in particular Capt  :thumbsup: I personally prefer the low demarcation line on FAA aircraft, but I think the Guardian will really suit the high one.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2019, 01:44:02 AM
That high demarkation line really emphasises the depth of the 'stang's fuselage.

Yeah the 'H' is a completely different animal to the previous mks, I think I've read it's 80% different and of course, much bigger.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I'm not really happy with any of them at the moment. The colours aren't right, and I don't like the high demarcation lines either ! I'm probably gonna cheap out and just finished them anyway lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Good to see you're back in business, Captain! The Spitfire's my favorite in that scheme but i think all 3 are looking good, keep it going! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Cheers !

The clean up/ smartening up continues. I should have a couple more done tomorrow and I've already started on a few others.

I had decided to go through the Aircraft section here and start on the first unfinished one I had, the old RCN Sea Jaguar. Of course I can't find it. Which is odd, as with everything I do it starts off with one kit, but then I added a Bucc and a Tornado to my Maritime Command plan, so I'm assuming all three are still together.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I'm quite enjoying this getting things done act. I've finished up the Sae Fang and the H Stang. I drilled holes in the bottoms so I could place them on sticks and take a few snaps. I worked on a wee back story for them as well.

I finished the Fairey modified USN Test Avenger. I took some pics but have a plan for this bird, so she'll be modified two more times before the big 'reveal' lol. On that note, here's an old Avenger I did, probably in the early 90s. Hand painted RCN ( sic ) roundels and RCN markings from a decal sheet type name.

I have also finished my Grumman Guardian. But I lost one of the flaps ! I dropped it, picked it up and placed it in my pants pocket, and from there ? Maybe the wash, maybe fell out when I was digging out my phone or change....I might take pics and post them or wait, as this one has a wee plan as well. But I should just get it done and keep moving forward.

In other news, another one of my long term, ever expanding, never ending projects is CDN Army Aviation at CFB Borden. Borden was the birthplace of the RCAF, but through the years became more of a basic training/ army base. So I'm going with that. An operational training base for army co-operation type activity. I've got multiple builds on the go, rotary, VTOL, and general aviation types that would predominantly be used in these roles.

The AZ models AH-1G joy pack. Great kits ! The fuselages were buttoned up last night, and I will be carrying on with these after dinner.

And as part of my cleanup, the bike section has been moved from where they were hiding to the new, high level apartment ! Hope to finish at least one before I expire lol.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.