The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

What colour is that yellowy green interior ? Other than yellowy green for you smart Aleck's out there  ;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 27, 2019, 01:05:42 PM
What colour is that yellowy green interior ? Other than yellowy green for you smart Aleck's out there  ;D

Zinc Chromate
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 26, 2019, 04:01:16 PM

This FA.2 found it's way to Red Deer Alberta, my photo of it was at the Airdrie Airshow where it had been put on display for the weekend.

Lovely to see a real Harrier again, especially so that it FLEW in there!  :thumbsup:

The Spanish Navy are bringing one of their Harrier IIs to RIAT Fairford this year, the first time one had flown in the UK for ages.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 27, 2019, 02:17:56 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 26, 2019, 04:01:16 PM

This FA.2 found it's way to Red Deer Alberta, my photo of it was at the Airdrie Airshow where it had been put on display for the weekend.

Lovely to see a real Harrier again, especially so that it FLEW in there!  :thumbsup:

The Spanish Navy are bringing one of their Harrier IIs to RIAT Fairford this year, the first time one had flown in the UK for ages.

Unfortunately it wasn't flown there Kit, the owner (in aviation at Red Deer Regional) had bought it as a non-flyer and was trucked to the show. The last I heard it is for sale for a couple of million C$
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Zinc Chromate. To me, the modern version has always been more yellow than green. Old school interior green or what have you isn't zinc chromate. Not to me anyway. So the Humbrol version is way off. I was going to mix my own with 101 and 103, but then my brother coughed up this Model Master Zinc Chromate. Perfect !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

The yellow stuff is Chromate Yellow Primer (Humbrol 81 comes close, I frequently use 224, too), while the yellowish-green primer used on WWII US aircraft is Zinc Chromate Green Primer (e.g. Humbrol 226), a.k.a. "Interior Green".

Captain Canada

With all of the pics I have collected, it seems both US Marines and RAF birds, both models, have a mixture of the yellow inside the engine bay, and then green and gray in the other access panels.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Must admit on my WWII and before builds I tend to use the yellow Chromate Yellow Primer for the interior of engine bays , engine cowlings etc and the rest, cockpits, wheel well bays etc get "Interior Green". No idea how accurate it is, but it suits me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nothing going on. I'm back on the road and travelling light lol. Wish I would have packed a few things up to mess about with. I need to make a travel kit that I don't touch when I'm at home.

There is some news tho. Harry has new brothers. He's had a rough year with all the travel and his age is showing.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Nice!!   Looks like you have everything you need for now.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Nice looking trio of Harriers  :thumbsup:

Is that Nev on the laptop screen?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on May 08, 2019, 02:21:00 PM

Is that Nev on the laptop screen?

Na! someone who plays for the Maple Griefs   ;D ;D ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I'm just getting the Nev joke now ! I thought it said is that a new laptop screen lol

I got home from Ohio Saturday afternoon, had a busy weekend my daughter is home and my son had his prom. Today I had to do a few things at work and  the father-in-law clean up his garage. Dinner with the family, and then tomorrow morning I get up and fly to Midland, TX for a coupe weeks. Not sure if I'll pack some modelling stuff or not. It's a hassle when you have to pack everything you own every day.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Still plugging away at my Harrier filed service diorama build. I had to restart the middle trailers arse end. I did a bunch one night after having a few drinks, and the next day did not like it at all. Like everything, I overthink and it stalls. So I had a few pops and thought "screw it, get it done" but the next morning.....oh well. It's almost back to where it was, only more better.

Same thing pretty much goes for the tractor. It looked way too Russian stock. So I started chopping it all up to make it look more NATO type, modeled after a few of my favourites, the Alvis Stalwart and the HEMMT.

I'm back on the road to Colorado tomorrow so may or may not be around much yet again. Cheers guys thanks for looking in !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?