The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Drive it around the test track a few times! Good idea!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Still slugging away at her ! I've fondled other kits, and mulled over some half-builts....but alas, I'm sticking to plan here !

The three basic vehicles are complete. I haven't finished the last hitch mechanism yet so it's just a static test. I've done a wee bit more since the pics but not enough to take new pics. Next phase is to build the crane unit, and add some flotation devices to the third trailer unit. Then it will be detail up, paint, and hopefully, completion late this or early next year !

:wacko:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Just... wow.  :thumbsup:

Now try reversing into a parking space.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kitnut617

Way back when --  when I had just started as an apprentice, a welder was taken on at the shop I worked at. This older guy has spent his entire working life being a pipeline welder in the Sahara but his wife said she wanted him to remain at home more so he came to work at our shop (it didn't last long though, 3 months and he went back to the desert). Anyway, he told me that they had these truck trains out there, anything up to ten trailers at a time (don't know if he was exaggerating a bit) and they were used to move camp after the pipeline end progressed to far away. He said they'd move camp every three, four days, just hook up a string of trailers and go ---

Interesting bit on the side, this welder told me if the huge trucks that pulled these trains ever broke down, they just left them where they were and got a new one. It wasn't worth hauling it to a repair shop as it was cheaper just to get a new one. Another thing he told me was the tires they used didn't have any tread either ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Cheers guys ! That's a great story Robert. One of my pals in my teens father was a trucker, and he always has some magazines around of road train in Australia. Pretty wild stuff !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

I was sent out to Alberta again, but I'm going home tomorrow. My poor little buddy Tico has something wrong with his little spine and now his back end won't work. It's crazy the love we have for our dogs.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

TheChronicOne

:-\   All the best, bud. Hopefully just some kinks and pinched nerves and your buddy be right as rain in no time.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 06, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
It's crazy the love we have for our dogs.

It's because of the love they have for us.  :thumbsup: Hope he's ok.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Sorry to hear that Todd, one of our dogs had something like that too, he'd be running around seemingly fine, and then his back legs would just stop working and he'd be dragging them around and didn't even seem to know what was happening. We had to stop him running, then pick his back end up, wait a couple of minutes, then he would start walking again. The Vet figured it was some nerve damage that at times wasn't sending the signals to the muscles, we had him on meds which seemed to help but in the end we think that's what he died of unfortunately. He was a 'rescued' feral dog who came from the Turks & Caicos Islands which might have explained things.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 07, 2019, 01:49:41 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on December 06, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
It's crazy the love we have for our dogs.

It's because of the love they have for us.  :thumbsup: Hope he's ok.

:thumbsup: It's unconditional.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?