The Captain's Cabin- March on….

Started by Captain Canada, November 09, 2013, 05:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

True, probably easier to find a cheap -135 than a Victor.

PR19_Kit

The engines would be the difficult bit, they're like B-2 engines but upside down and on the undersurface!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2020, 04:02:27 PM
The engines would be the difficult bit, they're like B-2 engines but upside down and on the undersurface!

Could you cut the wings outboard of the Comet's engines and attach the -135 wings?
Maybe have the upper surfaces of the wings mounted over the engines and the underside parts cut back by the appropriate amount?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2020, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2020, 04:02:27 PM

Could you cut the wings outboard of the Comet's engines and attach the -135 wings?
Maybe have the upper surfaces of the wings mounted over the engines and the underside parts cut back by the appropriate amount?

Maybe so, depends how the root area looks on the real design I guess. We'll have to wait and hope they publish more details in Pt 2 of the article next month.

There may be more details already in THE book on the subject, called something like 'Cancelled off the Drawing Board'? I've got it at home, but I'm not... :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 27, 2020, 07:42:03 AM

Maybe so, depends how the root area looks on the real design I guess.

Fair enough. You'll work something out, I'm sure!  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Pace has slowed to a crawl here, again. I start too my projects, get swamped, then give up. One of these days I'll smarten up lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Picking away, little by little on these same projects ! A couple are getting close. I'm making them all with removeable landing gear, so I can have them at rest on the tarmac, take off, fly a mission, and the alight. Hey, they're my toys, I mean models, and imagination has always been the biggest draw to this hobby for myself. Especially in this whif world. I blame Shep Payne.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 17, 2020, 06:58:52 PM
Picking away, little by little on these same projects ! A couple are getting close. I'm making them all with removeable landing gear, so I can have them at rest on the tarmac, take off, fly a mission, and the alight. Hey, they're my toys, I mean models, and imagination has always been the biggest draw to this hobby for myself. Especially in this whif world. I blame Shep Payne.
You're not the only one that flies their builds, there's a few online games that allows you to actually do that. Plus the simulators are almost real!

Pellson

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 17, 2020, 06:58:52 PM
Hey, they're my toys, I mean models, and imagination has always been the biggest draw to this hobby for myself.

I'm sooo with you here!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 17, 2020, 06:58:52 PMHey, they're my toys, I mean models, and imagination has always been the biggest draw to this hobby for myself. Especially in this whif world.

I pity those who only ever 'imagine' how perfectly matched the paint colours and rivet spacing will be on their next Bf-109G.  :rolleyes:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McColm

Quote from: The Rat on December 18, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on December 17, 2020, 06:58:52 PMHey, they're my toys, I mean models, and imagination has always been the biggest draw to this hobby for myself. Especially in this whif world.

I pity those who only ever 'imagine' how perfectly matched the paint colours and rivet spacing will be on their next Bf-109G.  :rolleyes:
I used a piece of kitchen towel dipped in diluted paint to get the molten finish look.

Captain Canada

I've been sober since the new year. I wonder why I'm even on the earth in the evening, without a beer or a glass of wine, but when I wake up the next morning I love it. Getting in shape, trying to lose a few pounds and eat better, and making major headway into cleaning up all of my junk and getting organized.

I believe one of the reasons I lack motivation to finish e=anything, is the fact the the photos of the finished product never match the idea in my minds eye. So I'm trying something new. I've downloaded GIMP photo editing software to my laptop. It's a free service, and by all accounts, just as good as/ better than photoshop. The tutorials for it all over the web. Easy enough to follow, but of course, for any old dog, frustrating. This is my first attempt at such. Not bad. Now I need to add a layer for the background. That will be another lesson tomorrow or next day.

edit1 by Todd Pomerleau, on Flickr
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?