The Rat's Nest

Started by The Rat, November 09, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 22, 2019, 02:33:01 AM
I can see what you mean about the canopies, they appear to have been ... made out of, well, Araldite, really ... but the rest is looking ace! :thumbsup:

Falcon vac canopies sorts that out Guy   ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

JayBee

I can see what you mean about the canopies, they appear to have been ... made out of, well, Araldite, really ... but the rest is looking ace! :thumbsup:

What do you expect from an old FROG kit? Thin crystal clear canopies? NAH!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Rat

Quote from: JayBee on July 22, 2019, 02:29:05 PM

What do you expect from an old FROG kit? Thin crystal clear canopies? NAH!

I've looked at others on-line, and the original clear pieces were much better. Russian 'tech' can take the blame for these.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Almost ready for her legs.

zenrat

This just keeps getting betterer.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Certainly suits the scheme  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Finish model

Set up background for pictures

Take lots at different angles and perspectives

Edit them down to smaller size for posting, and rename them

Notice that you have painted the navigation lights as red to starboard and green to port

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: The Rat on August 10, 2019, 06:09:33 PM
...Notice that you have painted the navigation lights as red to starboard and green to port

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just fly it upside down...
;D ;D ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Notice that you have painted the navigation lights as red to starboard and green to port

I feel your pain mate. I have to think about it every time I come to them. For some reason my brain just expects them to be that way around. The proper way just seems wrong to me for some reason ?   :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2019, 05:27:21 AM

I feel your pain mate. I have to think about it every time I come to them. For some reason my brain just expects them to be that way around. The proper way just seems wrong to me for some reason ?   :unsure:

Decades ago I devised a method for remembering. Port has 4 letters, left has 4 letters. Port/left have fewer letters than right/starboard, red has fewer letters than green. And that works. But for some reason I completely forgot this time.

JayBee

The one I learned when I was training to be an ATCO was :

"Red is right is wrong"

It has worked for all those years for me.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitnut617

Quote from: The Rat on August 11, 2019, 06:14:57 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2019, 05:27:21 AM

Decades ago I devised a method for remembering. Port has 4 letters, left has 4 letters. Port/left have fewer letters than right/starboard, red has fewer letters than green. And that works. But for some reason I completely forgot this time.

How I was taught it too, long word/short word

Right-Left
Starboard - Port
Green - Red
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I just know it.............  ;D

[Smug mode off]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat