The Rat's Nest

Started by The Rat, November 09, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 01, 2024, 12:00:42 PMThat Meteor is looking good. :thumbsup:
The painting booth also looks good and something i should buy. Can you share any details like dimensions, the booth's brand/model or maybe a link? TIA

A Canadian hardware store called Princess Auto, they sell them under their own brand name, but I'm sure that there are a lot of compaies that buy the same model and slap their name on them. Made in China, of course.
120V Touch-Up Paint Spray Booth with Exhaust Hose
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

Quote from: Nick on March 01, 2024, 10:35:16 AMVery nice! Looks too good to get dirty!

Pretty sure I'm going to line the insides with paper, replace when covered with spray.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

NARSES2

Quote from: The Rat on March 01, 2024, 10:16:48 PM
Quote from: Nick on March 01, 2024, 10:35:16 AMVery nice! Looks too good to get dirty!

Pretty sure I'm going to line the insides with paper, replace when covered with spray.

To start with anyway  :angel:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Rat on March 01, 2024, 10:15:23 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 01, 2024, 12:00:42 PMThat Meteor is looking good. :thumbsup:
The painting booth also looks good and something i should buy. Can you share any details like dimensions, the booth's brand/model or maybe a link? TIA

A Canadian hardware store called Princess Auto, they sell them under their own brand name, but I'm sure that there are a lot of compaies that buy the same model and slap their name on them. Made in China, of course.

Thank you!  :thumbsup:
I have to get one soon and will be checking out several types but yours looks very good.  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

scooter

Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 02, 2024, 08:12:30 AM
Quote from: The Rat on March 01, 2024, 10:15:23 PM

Thank you!  :thumbsup:
I have to get one soon and will be checking out several types but yours looks very good.  :mellow:

Also available on (Sc)Amazon.  That's where I got mine.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Using the booth is on temporary hold until I can rework the windows in the hobby room. Basically, I need to have them slide open in the opposite direction to the way they're set up right now, too complicated to explain. I could relocate the booth, but that would entail other problems to be solved.  :banghead:

Rick Lowe

No Such Thing as a 'Quick Fix' when it comes to modelling (or Life, really...), is there?
Permutations and ramifications abound.  :-\

You'll get there :thumbsup:

The Rat

Airfix deHavilland Heron, passenger. This may be the best sink mark in modeling history.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Bullock's Oriole, Icterus bullockii, first year male
Toronto, Ontario, March 24, 2024
Normal summer range is western North America, winter range Mexico to Guatemala. Seems like this young male got lost on his first migration and wound up here. Feeders have kept it alive all winter, but I suspect it will move on once it fails to get replies to mating calls in a few weeks.

NARSES2

Obviously his GPS wasn't working  :angel:

Nice shot Ratty  :thumbsup:

The Rat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 25, 2024, 06:56:16 AMObviously his GPS wasn't working  :angel:

Nice shot Ratty  :thumbsup:

;D  ;D  Thanks!

kerick

I built a spray booth out of the largest storage container I could find and a left over bathroom fan. I put a furnace filter in front of the fan to catch the paint mist.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on March 25, 2024, 09:53:57 PMI built a spray booth out of the largest storage container I could find and a left over bathroom fan. I put a furnace filter in front of the fan to catch the paint mist.

Explosion proof fan?

:unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..