The Rat's Nest

Started by The Rat, November 09, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on August 12, 2024, 05:00:25 AMDoes look great.  But I have dueling banjos on my cerebral jukebox now... :-\

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Or 'The Ride of the Valkyries' from the movie Rango...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7elp18vNts

(I guarantee you'll never hear it the same way you used to, after you see that)  :mellow:

And I'm also seeing echoes of the Death Star Trench Run...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Why did they call it dueling banjos? It's a banjo and a guitar!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: kerick on August 16, 2024, 07:46:22 PMWhy did they call it dueling banjos? It's a banjo and a guitar!
Because that's the name of the song and album it's from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dueling_Banjos
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Those outside North America are missing something; the eastern chipmunk, Tamias striatus. The word 'bold' hardly does them justice when they suspect you have a bag of peanuts. This one is keeping us company at the campsite.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

scooter

We have one that'll come up on the deck every now and then...at which point the cats will line up against the screen and stare
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on August 21, 2024, 05:16:09 PMWe have one that'll come up on the deck every now and then...at which point the cats will line up against the screen and stare

;D  ;D
Yeah, chattering away to themselves as they do when discussing/planning how to get hold of one or two... each...

Ratty, that's pretty amazing. As you say, 'Bold' doesn't say the half of it.
If you shelled the nuts, they could get more in... just a Stray Thought...  ;)

Nick

Quote from: The Rat on August 21, 2024, 04:46:17 PMThose outside North America are missing something; the eastern chipmunk, Tamias striatus. The word 'bold' hardly does them justice when they suspect you have a bag of peanuts. This one is keeping us company at the campsite.

Chipmunks are nuts at fitting all that into their cheek pouches  :lol:

I had a hamster or 3 as a kid that did much the same with the seeds we fed them on. They didn't have anywhere to really take and store them but that natural trait stayed with them even after decades of breeding from caged ancestors.
Not really been a fan of keeping animals in cages since then. Much nicer seeing them in the wild. Squirrels are fun to watch over here.

The Rat

To me, what makes chipmunks so attractive isn't the colours, because they're each fairly drab and muted. But the pattern they make is striking, and makes them absolutely gorgeous. Hmmm, a deHavilland Canada DHC-1 with that pattern...  :wub:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on August 22, 2024, 04:07:34 AMNot really been a fan of keeping animals in cages since then. Much nicer seeing them in the wild. Squirrels are fun to watch over here.

Agree with you Nick. Squirrels around here are rather brazen at times  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.