WIF..ish

Started by Dork the kit slayer, November 13, 2013, 03:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Built for BM in the obsolete kit GB. Its a Revell "S" (1957) Thunderchief (sort of)

Painted as per instructions OOB. Its got to be a WIF surely.Especially since the decals broke up and I had to raid the spares box. The kit was pretty bad and full of rivets but the worst part was the canopy that was neither clear,nor fitted. Im going to try and and mould a new one (ha ha I larf in face of adversity) then redo the whole shebang as an Israeli  WIF.

ps what about those funky bombs?
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

Looks good ! Gotta love 50s fighters in all their guises. Too many colour schemes to keep track of ! And I doubt those are bombs at all, but rather helium bags to support the a/c, as those intakes are obviously too small to suck any air !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

I had one of those many years ago, still got the funky bombs in the spares box! If the exhaust is a seperate part in that kit I still have that too!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Nice one mate  :thumbsup: Good to see you at the weekend
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 14, 2013, 07:25:52 AM

Thanks.....................was I the fuzzy one at the end of the table :wacko: ;D :cheers:

lancer

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on November 14, 2013, 01:09:09 PM

Thanks.....................was I the fuzzy one at the end of the table :wacko: ;D :cheers:

Burt according to rumour you're like that all the time aren't you? or is it just cameras that you scare?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Dork the kit slayer

;D ;D ;D ;D You can be so hurtful . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.........................and dont call me BURT

Father Ennis

I remember having that kit back when it was new. I know what the canopy problem is. You need to use tube glue to put it together and the rivits are there to help hid you finger prints.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Father Ennis on November 15, 2013, 12:36:21 AM
I remember having that kit back when it was new.

Ah yes those were the days.

Nostalgia: looking back to the golden age of modelling (with heavily rose tinted specs)

I do enjoy building the older retro kits and to my mind they are perfect for WIFs. The nit pickers cant say the nose is too long the tail too small thw wings the wrong shape etc etc.

Heres another retro Im building (oob) ............but it would look sweet in RAF colours

NARSES2

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on November 14, 2013, 01:09:09 PM

One of many   ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Joe C-P

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on November 15, 2013, 01:50:02 AM
Quote from: Father Ennis on November 15, 2013, 12:36:21 AM
I remember having that kit back when it was new.

Ah yes those were the days.

Nostalgia: looking back to the golden age of modelling (with heavily rose tinted specs)

I do enjoy building the older retro kits and to my mind they are perfect for WIFs. The nit pickers cant say the nose is too long the tail too small thw wings the wrong shape etc etc.

Heres another retro Im building (oob) ............but it would look sweet in RAF colours

Now there's a kit you don't see every day!
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PR19_Kit

1/32? That's got to be a BIG kit!

My old boss used to be CO on a Germany based Mace unit in the 60s, and the tales he told of the numerous things that went wrong on the missiles and that amazing transpoorter would fill a book!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

The Mace Terra Cruiser combo is going to be awesome ! Still trying to get my LHS to get this stuff in. Somehow, none of the suppliers in Canada seem to be carrying them !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TsrJoe

iv always fancied doing the Terracruiser and launch trailer as a mobile Starfighter ZELL using the same take off booster that comes with the Mace (my late dad had done similar years ago with an old Faller Matador on its wheeled launcher/ZELL trailer and an Airfix 104, looked pretty sweet) :)

:blink: Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Dork the kit slayer

:-\
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 27, 2013, 04:33:33 AM
The Mace Terra Cruiser combo is going to be awesome ! Still trying to get my LHS to get this stuff in. Somehow, none of the suppliers in Canada seem to be carrying them !

:banghead:

I know what your going through Captn. For some reason it wasnt released in the UK, despite it being made in Poland and Czech Republic. I first saw the re release at the US nationals ( Orlando 2012) along with the Renwall "Big shot" howitzer and the Lindberg Snark. The boxes were just too big to bring back so I waited until SMW at Telford thinking they would be featured on Revells stand......................wrong.
Amazon wouldnt post to UK (re goods ordered in UK) so I thought the jig was up. Luckily on a visit to a LHS in Pensacola the owner (not having the kit in stock) let me order it from Amazon USA who posted it (and the Snark) to  UK with no query.,or problem. :thumbsup:

Bit of a long winded ,round the houses story to suggest you try Amazon  :cheers: Its a really great build even OOB and the moulds have stood the test of time the fit is really easy. The hardest job was spraying the beast, be prepared for "airbrush wrist  * ".

* its a bit like wankers cramp but not as embarrassing :wacko: