Lost and Found

Started by PR19_Kit, November 20, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2013, 02:07:37 AM
While the hard edges came out nicely the actual Light Slate Grey colour, that's the greeny looking one, came out very patchy and it varies in tone all over the model. The Medium Sea Grey went on OK but the patchiness of the Slate Grey has ruined it as far as I'm concerned so that's me finished with airbrushing I'm afraid. I'll repaint it a THIRD time, but it'll be with a big flat brush, at least I know how they work and I can get consistent results with them.

Or do it my way: appreciate such flaws and integrate them into a weathered surface. Real aircraft hardly have this uniform model look - I learned to creatively work with such nuissances (just what Keith stated before). It's good for mental health, too!

PR19_Kit

The back story has the aircraft having a short life and the unit that flew it would have been very proud of its new mounts so it would have always have been spick and span. I've re-brush painted half of it already and it looks LOTS better!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

The BEA 727 is getting there now. It's all painted and decalled (mostly....) and I've assembled the major components but it's definitely a '2 foot model', meaning that's as close as you need to look at it! I've done lots better airliners and this one's suffered from its vintage heritage I suppose. I noticed in the under-side view that I forgot to fill Airfix's ubiquitous stand slot, but I really can't bothered to do it now, it's hardly going to be seen after all.

There's some touching up of the paintwork to do, plus I need to find another windshield decal as the original one just fell off! Then I need to paint and install the landing gear and it's done.

For those of you who can't figure out the Whiff-ness of this, BEA never did fly 727s although they tried very hard. The colour scheme is based on the High Speed Jack scheme that they carrried on their Trident 1s, 2s and 3s. Piccie of a 3b below.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Now that has tidied up really well   :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

Wow....that 727 looks perfect ! Nice one ! Love old school airliners....

The wing is looking nice too.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

Such a pretty little bird.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

I'm heavily biased toward Tridents I must admit, having yo-yo'd back and forth between UK and Berlin in them in the late 70s and early 80s. BA couldn't use Trident 3s into Templehof because they were too big and even the Trident 2s had to fly out of there at 80% loads 'cos the runway was too short otherwise! Not for nothing was the Trident called the 'Gripper'.....

Regards
Kit