Lost and Found

Started by PR19_Kit, November 20, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Sorry to hear about the problems.....but she's going to be worth it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I didn't even know you COULD get different size nozzles! How do I tell which one is which?

I have two Badgers like this, model 200s I understand, and one has a shield on the nozzle front which has holes in a cone shaped thing and one has a saw tooth leading edge. Are they different sizes?

Ah well, I DID have two of them, the one with the holes has vanished as if had never been....  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Kit,
The B-35 looks great in that camo! :thumbsup:

Before I bought my Iwata airbrushes I used Badgers for years and to answer your question the nozzles and needles are marked so you can tell which size is which. The needles have a ring (or rings) on the aft end to mark what size it is.
I have a fine nozzle and needle in my Badger 150 and the nozzle is marked with an ''F'' for fine.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that Matrixone, I'll have a look at my 'collection' more closely.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Wonders if this is going to be the short lived USAF two tone European Scheme...? Can't wait to see how you finish this Kit.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2013, 09:17:44 AM
I didn't even know you COULD get different size nozzles! How do I tell which one is which?

I have two Badgers like this, model 200s I understand, and one has a shield on the nozzle front which has holes in a cone shaped thing and one has a saw tooth leading edge. Are they different sizes?

Ah well, I DID have two of them, the one with the holes has vanished as if had never been....  :banghead:

Actually I've just looked at the Badger I have, it's a 350 but I think the principle is the same --  Nozzles and needles are labeled Heavy, Medium and Fine.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

The needles on both of mine have two small grooves round the very end, but the nozzles have no markings at all. Presumably you have to change the needles AND the clamps at the same time as you change the jets.

That camo scheme should have a familiar pattern Cap'n, and it's not USAF..............  ;)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2013, 01:53:11 PM

That camo scheme should have a familiar pattern Cap'n, and it's not USAF..............  ;)

Looks as if it is going to be RAF then!  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on November 25, 2013, 11:59:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2013, 01:53:11 PM

Looks as if it is going to be RAF then!  :thumbsup:

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.........  ;)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Somehow I just don't see it being able to turn and burn like a Vulcan  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

But it would sound and look just awesome.  ;D Especially head on!

Regards
Kit

Martin H

ok its not quite a B-35 but this is something I did around 10 plus years ago.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

A B-49! It'd make a good pair with mine if I ever get it sorted.

I've just had an email swap with Mike McEvoy over which unit to populate mine with, and for it's name too, and you will JUST laugh your socks off over the name OGL.....  ;)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Having got the new stocks of proper paint for my B-35 I set to yesterday to re-spray the thing, after using MILES of tape of various sorts to mask out the hard edged camouflage that I wanted. The results were hardly pleasing....  :banghead:

While the hard edges came out nicely the actual Light Slate Grey colour, that's the greeny looking one, came out very patchy and it varies in tone all over the model. The Medium Sea Grey went on OK but the patchiness of the Slate Grey has ruined it as far as I'm concerned so that's me finished with airbrushing I'm afraid. I'll repaint it a THIRD time, but it'll be with a big flat brush, at least I know how they work and I can get consistent results with them.

Regards
Kit

TallEng

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2013, 02:07:37 AM
The results were hardly pleasing....  :banghead:

While the hard edges came out nicely the actual Light Slate Grey colour, that's the greeny looking one, came out very patchy and it varies in tone all over the model. The Medium Sea Grey went on OK but the patchiness of the Slate Grey has ruined it

Surely that's just the natural weathering that occurs from the wind, rain and sun ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks