G-VTOL?

Started by PR19_Kit, November 21, 2013, 06:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 19, 2014, 03:41:09 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 19, 2014, 03:35:34 PM
Freightdog do resin intakes for the T2/T4 family of Harriers with the drooped upper auxiliary intake doors.

Gondor

Those are the ones I have Alastair, or I think they are anyway.

Going by the picture you have above you don't have the Freightdog intakes. http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=803&osCsid=c0467a1938684f45fdcb03768d7267f1 have part of the trunking as well as the intakes.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Whatever, they have the 'phased blow in doors' anyway and the insides are the right shape as far as I can see. I'll see how they fit once I've spent a couple of days working on the mind blowing cockpit of the Sword kit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

I've built one of the Airfix FA.2 kits, and I liked the 2-part intakes. I'll see if I can put up some photos tonight.

Mossie

Yeah, I can vouch for it's effectiveness too having built the FRS.1 kit.  I made a mistake with mine, I managed to swap them over and fitted the doors upside down.  :banghead:  Didn't pay attention to part numbers and what I was doing.

I had another problem, the main intakes themselves didn't fit well at all.  I seem to have had a lot of fit problems with my kit that I haven't seen mentioned on the web, in fact most say it was largely hassle free.  I guess my kit was done on the Friday afternoon shift.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I'll open another thread on the G-VTOL build in the proper part of the Forum.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit