G-VTOL?

Started by PR19_Kit, November 21, 2013, 06:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

I hear ya there....although I rarely get rid of kits, this plastic affliction we all suffer from seems to bare the same symptoms regardless of who/what/where you are !

Sometimes I look at the stash, the half builts, and the ever increasing pile of broken, dusty and otherwise decrepit* models and  wonder to myself " what am I doing ?"

:thumbsup:

* I have kids and cats, and the model room happens to be close to the hobby room
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

At the last kit census, Feb 2012, Mrs_PR19 and I got up to 1000 unbult kits and could go no futher............ :banghead:

In addition I managed to reduce my un-finished projects count down to 60 last month. As I'll be 71 on Boxing Day there's NO way I can even build 1/3 of that little lot before I shuffle off this mortal coil, so off to other homes the surplus stuff must go.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Amen Brother. It's no fun to think of it tho..... :thumbsup:

I made a list awhile back, of unfinished build threads I had started, it was almost two full pages of A4. Of course, I promptly lost that list.....and that doesn't count all the other stuff I have started down there. Ugh.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I shudder to think of how many I have stored away, we always want to buy more or the latest version of a particular aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

92 of my stock are Spitfires of various sorts, but that'd be a mere bagetelle beside The Wooksta's I expect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
92 of my stock are Spitfires of various sorts, but that'd be a mere bagetelle beside The Wooksta's I expect.

I think I've got about 65 Kit, our total doesn't match Lee's pile ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I wonder if Americans hoard Mustangs the way we do Spits ?

:wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 02, 2013, 02:04:56 PM
I wonder if Americans hoard Mustangs the way we do Spits ?

:wacko:

I've got maybe 20 of them of various sorts too! Lovely looking aeroplane but doesn't come in as many varieties as Spitfires do.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Doesn't evoke as much emotion either...if you ask me. Especially when you see a Spitfire roll....... :wub: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I got the prototype BIG tank glued up last night, but no fins as yet. Maybe get them on this evening as I've other things on my plate today.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I am looking forward to the result of this build, page six and only now plastic has been cut!  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on December 03, 2013, 12:06:43 PM
I am looking forward to the result of this build, page six and only now plastic has been cut!  :blink:

Gondor

Hehehe, I was thinkingh the same thing about a page ago too.  ;D

And the thing's not even a Whiff either!  :o

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Just goes to show how much we love proper aeroplanes around here !

:thumbsup: :tornado: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

FINALLY a build pic!  ;D

Here's the prototype 300/330 gall tank (take your pick.....) alongside a 1/72 scaled top(-ish) view photo, and the same tank positioned under the Sword Harrier T2 wing. Fins are thin-(-ish) styrene glued on at 90 deg to each other and 45 deg to the vertical/horizontal.

I don't think it looks too bad and I'll have a go at the 2nd one tomorrow maybe.

Regards
Kit