G-VTOL?

Started by PR19_Kit, November 21, 2013, 06:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 02, 2013, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
92 of my stock are Spitfires of various sorts, but that'd be a mere bagetelle beside The Wooksta's I expect.

I think I've got about 65 Kit, our total doesn't match Lee's pile ---

Bearing in mind that my total Plan acquisition for 2011 was 265 (which admittedly includes S.224, Spitfire, Seafire, Spiteful, Seafang and Attacker), I'd say that barely scratches the surface.  IIRC, I finished over 65 Plan items in 2012...  I haven't worked out how many I purchased in 2012.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Nice work Kit ! Thanks for posting it like that....perfect. I'll print that one off at work and save it in my ever increasing Harrier file !

:thumbsup: :tornado: :wub: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I am not 100% sure Kit but the scaling looks a little off with the picture of G-VTOL and its enormous (ooo err misses) tanks!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on December 05, 2013, 11:52:04 AM
I am not 100% sure Kit but the scaling looks a little off with the picture of G-VTOL and its enormous (ooo err misses) tanks!

The photo isn't a direct plan view, and the aircraft is rolling a little so any discrepancy would be in span. It's scaled to an exact 1/72 scale length so the tank bits should be exact. The piccie of the tank is cut out from the main pic so that should also be dead on.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I think that 3-View I sent would be a bit better to use Kit -- at least it has a scale on the dwg.  I figure that the tanks are 17'-11" long (or 2.98" in 1/72 scale)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I scaled the photo to that drawing actually. The tanks may be tad slim but they're good enough for Government work. The 100 gall versions just look TOO silly under there.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 05, 2013, 12:57:42 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 05, 2013, 11:52:04 AM

The photo isn't a direct plan view, and the aircraft is rolling a little so any discrepancy would be in span. It's called to an exact 1/72 scale length so the tank bits should be exact. The piccie of the tank is cut out from the main pic so that should also be dead on.

I did say that I was not sure. I also didn't think that an engineer of your standing would have messed things up so I am grateful for your explanation saying why I would think it looked wrong. Top work as usual from yourself Kit  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

I think they look perfect ! Can't wait to see this one done  :wub:

What about casting resin ones for all your pals ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 05, 2013, 03:36:25 PM
I think they look perfect ! Can't wait to see this one done  :wub:

What about casting resin ones for all your pals ?

:thumbsup:

My knowledge of resin casting could be filed inside a 1/144 scale Harrier tank I'm afraid.

A couple of my friends here are very adept at it but I'm not sure that the thin fins would be castable. Anyone care to comment on that?

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Scratching up some fins would be easy enough, but it would be nice to have some easily accessible long range tanks to doll up the earlier Harriers.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I'll ask about then.

I can supply drawings for the fins and I have enough Hunters to make three sets of tanks too.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Not enough Harrier talk on the forum right now, so I have to ask...... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

The #2 tank is with a certain resin moulder as we speak.  ;D

I'm building tank #3 to go on my model of G-VTOL itself but it's at a lower level of priority at the moment as I'm fighting my way through my B-35 and BEA 727 builds just now. And I DO mean 'fighting'.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Definately one of the perils of having to many builds on the go at once. The ones you don't really want to do alway seem to drag you away from the ones you do !

:cheers:

If that makes any sense..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Been awhile since an update here....how's it going ?

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?