Protocol for personal group builds or model family posts.

Started by CSMO, November 22, 2013, 02:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSMO

I have several groups of "What-if?"  models that I would like to post as a family portrait or as a personal group build. For instance, I have posted all nine of my Shackelton propeller conversions as individual posts. is it O/K to post a group shot or two. Is this a violation of any protocols or established ways of doing thins here? Thanks for your consideration. Adios, Larry. :unsure:
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Captain Canada

Prettysure if you're going to post a family pic like that, there has to be at least one cat in the frame......not sure if that's still a rule meow. I mean now.

:thumbsup:

But it would be cool to see !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

CSMO

I am not sure Katrina would stay still long enough for a certain ham-handed photographer to get a good shot with her in frame and in focus. Ya know what? My Shack Pack has a Tigerhawk and a Bearcat as members.

Adios,Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

Captain Canada

Cutie ! She have two different coloured eyes ? Or is that just a reflection ? Nice call on the Tigerhawk and Bearcat

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

I think the others would agree we have a fairly flexible attitude towards what or where you post.  Generally, build threads go in the "What if > Forum > Picture Post > Current and Finished Projects" forum while discussion threads go in the "What if > Forum > Hot Research Topics > Aircraft, Armor, Weapons and Ships by Topic".  Several people such as NöNö Bärs and MatrixOne have build threads which cover multiple subjects.  There is also the "What if > Forum > General Modelling Forum > General Modeling topics > Modeling Blogs", if you prefer the blog style of thread where you post your efforts and thinking.  Some lock those threads like WookSta and most don't, which allows comments on them.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

With a cat like that you can do what you want  :blink: :rolleyes:

Seriously with my Mods hat on Larry. Go ahead and post your builds as you want and as you would like to see them. There's no protocol as such. We have a system and an organisation but it's not set in stone and is more for guidance then anything else. Some people who view the site may only look at specific areas so when builds are posted outside the "standard" area they might miss them. That's the only downside. The opposite of course is also true and some might see who wouldn't normally.

Personally I favour grouping similar builds.

If you want to discuss options further then drop me a PM

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Why is it whenever a pic of a pet cat is posted, it has an 'I'm going to kill you' look on it's face???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Wooksta!

Quote from: rickshaw on November 22, 2013, 07:00:45 PM
Some lock those threads like The Wooksta! and most don't, which allows comments on them.

I've a separate Q&A thread - link in the blog - which most posters tend to respect.  I'd rather the blog proper isn't clogged up with waffle that isn't of my own making.  I'd like to use it as part of The Alternate Spitfire book project at some stage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on November 23, 2013, 02:45:20 PM
Why is it whenever a pic of a pet cat is posted, it has an 'I'm going to kill you' look on it's face???

Because as far as the cats are concerned they ARE going to kill our models if they can get away with it and still keep enough of their nine lives!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 23, 2013, 03:05:07 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on November 22, 2013, 07:00:45 PM
Some lock those threads like The Wooksta! and most don't, which allows comments on them.

I've a separate Q&A thread - link in the blog - which most posters tend to respect.  I'd rather the blog proper isn't clogged up with waffle that isn't of my own making.  I'd like to use it as part of The Alternate Spitfire book project at some stage.

It wasn't intended as a criticism, merely a point of difference.   You do things your way, others do it t'other.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 23, 2013, 01:58:44 AM
...Go ahead and post your builds as you want and as you would like to see them. There's no protocol as such. We have a system and an organisation but it's not set in stone and is more for guidance then anything else...

What a refreshing attitude.  So many other modelling frums could take note instead of posting snotty messages and moving stuff around without warning.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2013, 03:24:31 PM
Quote from: lancer on November 23, 2013, 02:45:20 PM

Because as far as the cats are concerned they ARE going to kill our models if they can get away with it and still keep enough of their nine lives!
If you haven't yet, take a look at "Cat's Diary". Google Image Search should find it...

Captain Canada

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2013, 03:24:31 PM

My son informed me last night that 'Mittens' took out the Dolphin. I had a 48th scale CCG Dolphin sat atop the shelf, that obviously had to be moved for Cat purposes....

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

No cats in my shed.  There are some pretty big spiders though.
You haven't lived until you've reached into a kit box without looking and pulled out a Huntsman.  Only realising when you look down as you feel it's venom dripping fangs* trying to get through the skin on your finger tips.

*there may be some slight exaggeration here
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic