Aircraft of the PDRV - zenrat's flying circus

Started by zenrat, November 24, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Ah yes, the Gunboatplane.  I think my "Anime" side is coming out with this one.

The Heyford will have 4 or 5 engines depending on clearance between prop and pilots heads.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 03, 2014, 05:15:13 PM
The Heyford will have 4 or 5 engines depending on clearance between prop and pilots heads.

Nice to know there are some considerate designers around  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Considerate?
I haven't been called that for a while.
Thank you.

Today I mostly built engine nacelles (5 - there will be room I think if I move the top outer engines outwards.  The Captain is to blame for that coming to pass), reglued a horribly glue bombed nose back together to provide material to construct the tail gunners position...

...united the wing halves and glued two sets of horizontal stabilisers (Flyers fault - he suggested a biplane tail with 3 fins) which are hidden under the wing nearest to me.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, LOVE the Tri-ford!

I know what you mean about the 'wings everywhere' syndrome, even in the standard Heyford kit you're almost overwhelmed with wing bits.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Oh that's going to be so cool !

I forgot to meantion how much the DartStang looks like the new Airfix kit with your primer on....looks just like the new Airfix plastic !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 04, 2014, 07:36:56 AM
Oh that's going to be so cool !

I forgot to meantion how much the DartStang looks like the new Airfix kit with your primer on....looks just like the new Airfix plastic !

:cheers:

It does doesn't it.  Maybe we should leak the pics telling people it's what's coming next?
It's just my usual ight grey primer I buy in big rattle cans from the DIY warehouse.

Kit - given that I obtained most of 5 Heyfords in 3 boxes I am more be-winged than usual.  Still, it means I have the raw material for at least 2 builds.  I'm already thinking about 4 engines on longer wings (the Handley Page Ilya Muromets?).
Fred

zenrat

So have I mentioned that the Monogram Me 262 is an ill fitting piece of poop?
If you align the wings so that they fit nicely at the roots on the top side then the panel containing the undercarriage sits too far up into the body.
Likewise with the nacelles.  Minimal gap underneath leaves one sitting high at the back and one low.
Oh well, nothing (more) PSR won't cure.

The Gully Galah got it's decals today.

The Moskito got a coat of primer to see how much more PSR it'll need.

And the Heyford.  Nothing really worth taking pictures of yet but i've assembled the nose prior to modifications and i've built a tail turret from a second nose.
I've also put a crewperson into a dustbin.  It took a bit of doing and he'll never walk again but he's in there and you can see his happy smiling face peering out...
Fred

dumaniac

where did you get the gattling gun - must be an aftermarket kit ?

Bernie

zenrat

It's a Gundam weapon.
From a Bandai 1/144 Weapons pack.
Fred

DogfighterZen

That me-262 is already looking more than a devil with those barrels! Looking forward to see it finished! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Heyford tail gunners nest.

Note the sky pirate in the ventral dustbin.  The blocky white thing is to mount the tail on to get it up and away from the gunner.
Fred

zenrat

The Heyford (must come up with another name - Horsham? Hassocks?  Hurstpierpoint?  Henfield?) now has a complete fuselage with 2 dustbins.  It's PSR time...
I've also assembled and primed 5 nacelles and 3 pairs of wings so things are coming along nicely.
Im thinking about a parasite fighter and am fitting a 1/72 pilot into a 1/100 Planes Cropsprayer to see how it would fit.  Some backdating will be required such as making the turbine installation look like a piston engine.

PSR looks to be finished on the 262 and nearly there on the moskito.  Until I find bits i've missed of course.

F-104v looks like it should be a quick build unless I get carried away.

Galah extra touches are done - should take pics tomorrow if I get time.

And, i've started painting the 1/72 Scooby Gang.  So far i've cleaned them up and primed them and flat blacked them ready for a dry brushing with white.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2014, 04:38:28 AM
The Heyford (must come up with another name - Horsham? Hassocks?  Hurstpierpoint?  Henfield?) now has a complete fuselage with 2 dustbins. 

Cor that's like a trip around my old girlfriends from the early 70's - inc. the dustbin  :o ;D

Seriously when I try to come up with a name they always sound daft, when others suggest them they sound good  :banghead: Handley Page Henfield sounds good to me
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Henfield it is then.  I was going to choose Hassocks as I used to live there but i'll use to for the next one.
I worked in Henfield for a short period renovating a well known humourous novelists house.  As with many "well off" people when it came time to pay my boss he suddenly had cash flow problems and tried to get out of coughing up (those with little money pay promptly because they carefully work out what they can afford to have done - not just assume the money will be availible).  His wife had pretentions to be an interior designer and was a real PitA to deal with.
Fred

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on September 25, 2014, 06:34:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 25, 2014, 04:38:28 AM

Im thinking about a parasite fighter and am fitting a 1/72 pilot into a 1/100 Planes Cropsprayer to see how it would fit.  Some backdating will be required such as making the turbine installation look like a piston engine.

That is a great idea! :thumbsup:

I just put a 1/72 pilot up against my 1/100 Dusty Crophopper and the sizing is perfect, add a 1/72 bubble canopy and it would become a rather nice looking 1/72 homebuilt style light plane. I will need to get another Dusty now as I'm under strict orders from SWMBO to leave the one I have alone...

The Dusty amphibian kit should be available now.
I'll be going with an open cockpit rather than a bubble and i've today scratched up some exhausts and an air intake and trimmed the wings into what I consider to be a more 1930's shape.  I'm thinking it needs spats and possibly a chin radiator.

Here's the Heyford Henfield fuselage.

And here's something else i've been working on.  1/72 Scooby Gang.  Elhiem figures, Hotwheels Mystery Machine (to be stripped and repainted) and Airfix Jeep with Hotwheels wheels.  The Fred driving the Jeep is a modified and painted figure from the Buffalo & Jeep kit.

I plan to use these with an Italeri Flying Boxcar.

Fred