Aircraft of the PDRV - zenrat's flying circus

Started by zenrat, November 24, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on January 03, 2014, 07:06:52 PMI think I'm seasick!
Mission accomplished - incapacitate the enemy with nausea...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2014, 11:24:01 PM

very impressive pattern indeed ! I feel like re-using it (e.g. in red, yellow-blue)

did you invent it, or did you find inspiration in the Real World?

NARSES2

This is coming along nicely  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

What an insane camouflage scheme :thumbsup: :blink: :bow:
It's brilliant, I don't know if it's Hawaiian shirt or 70's curtains mad.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

zenrat

Quote from: ericr on January 04, 2014, 12:17:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2014, 11:24:01 PM

very impressive pattern indeed ! I feel like re-using it (e.g. in red, yellow-blue)

did you invent it, or did you find inspiration in the Real World?

It's meant for low level operations over small islands.  Green vegetation, sand, white surf, aqua shallow water and darker blue deep water.  Hopefully that'll become clearer when I get the remaining 2 colours on it.
inspiration came on a walk along the cliff tops looking down on the beach.  On a calm clear day the colours of the water in Port Phillip Bay can be very vivid.
I don't know if I would claim to have invented it but I didn't knowingly copy anything.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Now the Skyraider is complete I have turned my attention to the Moskito and the Kingfisher.
The Kingfisher now has wingtip tanks and will be getting a radome.
The Moskito fell victim to the dreaded razor saw following Army of One's brilliant suggestion to flip the engines.
While I was at it I made it a T tail to get the stabilisers up out of the spray.
They are rather big nacelles now there is no undercarriage in them.  I'm thinking turboprops maybe...

Fred

Captain Canada

If it's going turbo what era are you thinking and what mission ?

Looks awesome btw !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

The engines look so much cooler that way!  :wacko: Wicked!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on February 04, 2014, 07:21:14 AM
If it's going turbo what era are you thinking and what mission ?

Looks awesome btw !

It all depends Capt.  I'm making it up as I go...
Fred

zenrat

Moskito (must think up a better, more Australian name - The March Fly maybe?) now undergoing PSR while modifying the existing engine parts to resemble turbojet installations.
The Kingfisher (new name Kookaburra) is undercoated and ready for paint.

Fred

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on February 03, 2014, 11:33:10 PM
Now the Skyraider is complete I have turned my attention to the Moskito and the Kingfisher.
The Kingfisher now has wingtip tanks and will be getting a radome.
The Moskito fell victim to the dreaded razor saw following Army of One's brilliant suggestion to flip the engines.
While I was at it I made it a T tail to get the stabilisers up out of the spray.
They are rather big nacelles now there is no undercarriage in them.  I'm thinking turboprops maybe...

a beautiful line, this is going to be a successfull floatplanization  :thumbsup:

it's getting hard to recognize the original ...

Captain Canada

Holy...have you ever changed the look of the Kingfisher ! I guess it really is a Kookaburra ! Love the flaps and slats.... looks like she'll jump right off the ground and have a good slow flight ability eh ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

That's the idea Capt.  From short strips she'll spend long hours loitering over her patrol area looking for targets.
Fred

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?