Aircraft of the PDRV - zenrat's flying circus

Started by zenrat, November 24, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2014, 03:24:37 AM
The next 2 off the bench will be (almost) paint only - a Swordfish float plane (Airfix new tool) and an Arado Ar 196 (Airfix old but not too crappy).

long live seaplanes  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Indeed. Planes landing on water has always seemed to make so much sense to me.  And birds for that matter.

When I worked at the poo farm I loved watching the pelicans come in into land on the holding basins.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

So, having finished the Arado what's next?
It's a Swordfish floatplane and it's now getting it's paint.
Here's my inspiration.

I'm also working on a Mig 29 (thought it was time to build something newer).  Probably to be finished in a PDRV border patrol patrol camo scheme.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2014, 10:21:55 PM
It's a Swordfish floatplane and it's now getting it's paint.
Here's my inspiration.

Inspired by the paint scheme on the boat or the situation?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

No floats on this Mig Kit.  A paint only Whiff.

Kerick - Both.  What if the Japanese had won the court battle and Sea Shepherd had an Air Arm?
Fred

zenrat

Fred

McColm

Wow, great work.
A Mig-29 on floats, doable.

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on May 10, 2014, 01:53:23 AM
Wow, great work.
A Mig-29 on floats, doable.

Yes, but also too easy.  I do have a second Mig 29 (HLJ was knocking them out a $7 each) and i'm thinking along the lines of the Sea Dart with a hydro ski or 2.
Fred

Weaver

You could have a central float that retracts between the engine ducts...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Paintwork on the Swordfish is completed and it's time for decals and painting the floats and arming the thing.
The Mig is in primer & undercoat and will move to the painting stage now the Swordfish is done.

And obviously having 2 in the painting stage i've started another one.  Following Kit's lead (google Fw 190 floatplane and you get 2 models - 1 is Kit's and the other isn't) i'm fitting floats to a 1/72 Airfix Fw 190 (but keeping the wings standard length).
It needs a good name.  Something like Papageientaucher or Seepferdchen...
Fred

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

1/72 Tamiya Mig 29 of the PDRV Republican Guard in border patrol camo.

I've used the Cuban design but changed the colours.
Also the Sea Shepherd Swordfish (Airfix 1/72).  2 more of Sandiego89's crewmen have found homes here.
Fred

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks mate.  I've rediscovered the satisfaction I get from hand painting camouflage.
Fred