Aircraft of the PDRV - zenrat's flying circus

Started by zenrat, November 24, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Awsome camo schemes on both birds, but I really like the scheme on Swordfish!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Wow those are looking great ! Love the Stringbag.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Guys.
I got the floats attached to this one also.

That's an Airfix Fw 190 A8 with Hasegawa He 51B floats.  Technically they are too small (going on the respective aircraft weights) but to me they look just right.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

the swordfish camouflage pattern is beautiful!
(would look good as a painting in red-yellow-blue  ;) )

and the float suit the FW fine indeed ; it's actually one of the few I haven't yet tried to floatplanize

NARSES2

Great camo schemes and the floats look right on the Fw 190 to me as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

The floats do indeed look nicely proportioned.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Ooooh.....love the sea shepherd scheme on the stringbag......floats look great on the Würger as well........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Love the floats on the 190 ! Don't think I've seen that yet.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 25, 2014, 05:25:27 PM
Love the floats on the 190 ! Don't think I've seen that yet.

Take a look at this thread for another Fw-190 floatplane.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,33454.15.html
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Way ahead of you Kit.  If you Goggle Image FW 190 Floatplane your build is pretty close to the top of the page.
I'm using the same Airfix kit you used.
I was going to sling a torp under her but she looks so good unencumbered by any additional stores I may just stick to in-wing & nose guns only.
Also the inter float rigging will get in the way.
Paint will be colourful.  Possibly bare metal although i'm wondering about the practicalities of an unprotected skin and sea water.
Being an older Airfix it of course has a pilot.

I got hold of a Rotodyne yesterday.  Initial thoughts are a companion to the Frankston Skycabs Arado -  Frankston Heli-Ferry...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2014, 05:58:12 PM
Way ahead of you Kit.  If you Goggle Image FW 190 Floatplane your build is pretty close to the top of the page.

<snip>

I got hold of a Rotodyne yesterday.  Initial thoughts are a companion to the Frankston Skycabs Arado -  Frankston Heli-Ferry...

Blimey, you're right!  :o

Infamy rules OK......  ;D

I like the idea of a Heli-Ferry, go for it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2014, 05:58:12 PM
Paint will be colourful.  Possibly bare metal although i'm wondering about the practicalities of an unprotected skin and sea water.

Compromise: silver paint. Kind of traditional for German types anyway, although I appreciate this one probably won't be in German service.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

comrade harps

QuoteI got hold of a Rotodyne yesterday.  Initial thoughts are a companion to the Frankston Skycabs Arado -  Frankston Heli-Ferry...

Will the pilot/cabby be of pensioner age? Direct flight from the Frankston Pier to Spring Street.

Loving your plastic and paint play!  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

zenrat

Hmmm, Silver?  Maybe.  Or perhaps white with flames?  I'll have a dig through my decals folder and see what i've got that'll fit.
I think this will turn out to be one of the "Air Pirates of the Great Australian Bight" that plagued the Nullarbor Coast during the 40's.

Harps, I was thinking more of Frankston to Geelong to rival to the Sorrento Queenscliffe Ferry.  I've got a Hotwheels XB Hardtop (approximately to scale) I'll strip and repaint to use as cargo.
Fred

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on June 05, 2014, 06:23:24 PM...Swordfish Vs F-15J? Poor ol Stringbag...

That's why I retained the observers Lewis Gun.
The Swordfish, having floats, will be operating from The Bob Barker or the Steve Irwin being lowered over the side by crane.
Being in the Southern Ocean they will be well out of range of any land based JASDF fighter aircraft and according to my research (OK, according to Wikipedia) there are no Japanese aircraft carriers currently in service.
I suppose the whaling fleet could use catapult launched aircraft or boat planes themselves.  Or maybe armed drones?
However, if the first, surprise, attack succeeded in sinking the Nisshin Maru then that would render whaling uneconomical at a stroke and thus mission accomplished.
This is nearly completed.  I've just got to do a bit of weathering, paint and attach the torpedo and then do the few final detail touches that always pop up just when you think you're done.

The Mig is painted & decalled and awaits a satin clear coat before all the non airframe parts get glued on.

The FW190 is in undercoat and i'm still deciding on the paint job - none of my flame decals (being from 1/25 cars) are small enough to fit it so thats that idea defenestrated.

And, i've picked up the Moskito again and started sanding the huge amount of filler on the starboard side of the nose while building up the port side with a searchlight mount and building up the 37mm cannon mount at the back.

Fred