Aircraft of the PDRV - zenrat's flying circus

Started by zenrat, November 24, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

zenrat

Update time.
Got decals on the 262.  Not far to go now.  Satin clear coat next after touching up the edges of the decals where the ink washed off (like to walkways does - maybe if I cut them out before sealing them then that wouldn't happen?).  Then undercarriage & doors and canopy.

The Henfield now has a crows nest (a 1/24 Monster Truck Wheel)and the interwing struts are nearly sorted.  The Crows nest (currently full of fishing weights to stop the top wing falling off) will have a ladder running down the rearmost middle strut so Captain Fat Hamster can climb up there when he needs to take command of his buccaneers.  The pilots going to have to remember not to stand up and wave his arms.

This is Captain Fat Hamster, leader of the Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast.

The Starfighter is now a Gully-Lomax GuL-29/PR Boobook.  Following consultations with Kit I have scratchbuilt a camera pod (the Academy kit has a Vinten pod in it but it's a badly moulded miss-shaped blob.  Note the detail in the wheel wells in the first pic.

Scooby Gang from Elheim.  I'm working up to painting their faces.

And finally an Amphibiflakpanzer (working name).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

What can one say or do in the face of such delights  ;D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Holy smokes....that's like 'update of the year' material ! Love the Heyford.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks y'all.

i'm toying with the idea of a rocket armed desert Fulmar next.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2014, 01:12:07 PM
Brill stuff there, I LOVE the Henfield!  :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

yes! that Henfield is bringing us to new heights

(and I shall refrain from whishing floats ...  :wacko:)

Dizzyfugu

Second that. That "Heyford-thing" looks REALLY interesting...  :wub:

Captain Canada

Quote from: zenrat on October 27, 2014, 03:05:35 AM
i'm toying with the idea of a rocket armed desert Fulmar next.

Nice ! An underwhiffed aeroplane for sure !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I thought "where is the last place you'd expect to find a carrier based fighter?"
And the answer was "in the desert shooting up enemy armour".
No choc chip for this one.  "Proper" RAF desert camo and i'll use some of the decals in my stash for a change.

Fred

zenrat

Finished both the 262 and the Starfighter today.
I shall take pics tomorrow.
I've also finished a couple of car builds.

Painting the Henfield has commenced.  So far the underside is PDRV lower blue.  I'm thinking of a patchwork look as though it has had new pieces of canvas stitched on to keep it flying.

I've chosen colours for the scaleorama'd Dusty Cropsprayer.  It'll be getting an SEA camo job just as soon as I rub down the filler.

The amphibiflakpanzer is progressing slowly as I scratch up the gun and rummage through my parts boxes looking for interesting bits to add to it.  I'll be taking a leaf out of the Stalwarts book and will give it swim jets.

The moskito needs even more PSR followed by some panel line scribing.

PSR on an Airfix DH 88 Comet progresses with the wings and stabilisers blended into the body and work started on making the engine nacelles look like engine nacelles.

Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2014, 03:01:00 AM
Finished both the 262 and the Starfighter today.
I shall take pics tomorrow
Please clock, move faster... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on October 26, 2014, 03:58:26 AM
This is Captain Fat Hamster, leader of the Sky Pirates of the Nullarbor Coast.

I'll tell him if you're not careful......... :wacko:

Great WIPs Zenrat: the Henfield is awesome! :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

He knows H.  I think he's secretly proud.  I got him to send me a selfy so I could get the ginger/white ratio in his beard correct. ;D

Photos are taken but unfortunately photobucket has been down for maintenance (or so they say).
Fred