The Full Mar-Finished ! Added the pics that disappeared thanks to PhotoBS

Started by Captain Canada, November 25, 2013, 04:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Not to be confused with the Half Mar....

Going to be a FAA bird. I'm thinking grey and green over white, with invasion stripes. Too much ? maybe....but what the heck. Beats me sticking to the overall green with a white tail and Aussie roundels  :thumbsup:

The bomb things are from the Greif kit, lengthened. I'm thinking of adding a guidance pod or somat along the lines of a Firefly's wing leading edge tanks. Maybe a centerline tank as well. She will also be equipped with JATO bottles and a modified tail wheel, possibly leave the tail wheel alone and add a pair of longer sticks with wheels to the back of the bombs, that will drop away once this run-on sentence is done and the aeroplane is clear of the deck.

I'm also going to add some black boxes under the canopy, as that's a lot of glass and there has to be something going on underneath it !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Soon to be followed by the Twin Mar perhaps?  ;D

That does look very interesting, and I know just what you mean about that monster canopy, just GOT to have something on view under it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Twin Mar ? 4 Half-Mars ?

:cheers:

I noticed in the Greif instructions that the fins in the 'glue here' section are as mine are above....but in the 'paint it like this' section, they are reversed ! I think they would have looked better the other way around, but then again, the bomb thing looks German enough already eh ?

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Most pics on the Net show the Fritz X bomb with the sweep on the trailing edge, the reverse of how you've built it. But there is one, but only one, with the fins the other way round!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Ya, it must be screwed up in the instructions, coupled with zero research by my. But, like I said, now it looks about 2% less German !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Somehow it looks a lot faster, being 3-4 times as long as the Luftwaffe version.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

LOL....not sure if I'm going for speed or range, or both ! I don't think the technology of the time would have allowed for very long range guidance from the mothership. Oh well, at least they look kinda neat ! I need to do a bit of research and work on a colour scheme for them.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Grey ? Green ? I want to paint it tonite but not sure what to do....black ?

:banghead: :blink: :unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

A bunch of bits I pulled from the spares box. The wings are from an old RCN Westland Whirlwind I did a few years back. I already decided to turf a bunch of this stuff after test fitting....

Progress as of last night. Hockey, beer, models.....ah......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nighthunter

What teams were playing, and nice work so far on the model
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

I was watching the 'Subway Super Series'. The CHL ( Canadian Hockey League, which comprises of the QMJHL, OHL, and WHL ) play a 6 game series ( 2,2,2 vs. each league ) against a team made up of Russian players that are in the CHL, and some kids from 'the motherland' to shore up their numbers. They play against kids from the respective leagues from NA. Pretty good hockey and a lot of pride at stake !

And thanks !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

More importantly, what's the beer?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Captain Canada

Guinness....albeit in a Smithwicks glass. Not sure if that's heresy or not, but it tasted good !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?