The Full Mar-Finished ! Added the pics that disappeared thanks to PhotoBS

Started by Captain Canada, November 25, 2013, 04:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 29, 2013, 03:38:48 PMGuinness....albeit in a Smithwicks glass...

Illegal to serve it like that in Belgium.  Or so i've been told.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 01, 2013, 02:27:48 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on November 29, 2013, 03:38:48 PMGuinness....albeit in a Smithwicks glass...

Illegal to serve it like that in Belgium.  Or so i've been told.

Must admit that's one of the things that impressed me whilst in Ypres. The hotel bar had 12 beers, each of which had its own specific glass, and each glass was washed and dried in front of you before the beer was poured  :bow: :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

I used to have glasses for every beer. No idea where half of them have gotten to....probably drunk buddies putting them in their wives handbags as if they were at the pub  :thumbsup:

There is a small brewery in Chambly, QC, called Unibroue and at most stores offer glasses for each beer, to enhance the experience. They are too much money so I pass, but I might get some next time

Now, some Fulmar progress for you perusal :

This will be my radar pod, to be mounted up under the radiator scoop. I just dug thru the spares box until I found bits to emulate the Firefly setup.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

It looks a bit like a Firefly part Capt
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Oh I'm having a real battle with that POS site Photobucket. I edit and save my photos on the laptop, then when I save them to PB, they are changed. If I edit them on PB ( other than taking a coon's age ) they come out different again ! Maddening I tells ya......

The rocket bombs. Went overall grey and the tip will be green, just to keep Kit happy  :thumbsup:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

It does, but I'm not sure. I think it might be from a Matchbox Helldiver ?

Added some bits to the cockpit, and painted most of the inside frame interior green

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

The Photobucket crapshoot continues ! Looks like I'm 1 out of 3 so far....let's see what's next !

I added the bomb mounts from the Greif kit. I was going to go with a simple pylon, but thought it looked to modern. I like the 'clunky' look of these ones.

Now, I seem to have misplaced the JATO bottles from the Trump Wyvern kit, which were going to be a part of this. And I also need to source out some landing gear for deck clearance.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 01, 2013, 08:33:26 AM
Went overall grey and the tip will be green, just to keep Kit happy  :thumbsup:

I'm suitably impressed.  ;D

It's looking better and better, nice work there Cap'n.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Thank you sir ! I'm liking the way it looks. Dropped the idea of invasion stripes, I just think it will be too much with the bombs etc.

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dork the kit slayer

Do you find that the Molsons' give a nice soft edge to any camo pattern ?  :wacko:

I recommend anyone viewing my models to drink at least 5 pints of Timothy Taylors   :blink:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

I find the Molson's does help...but often times it shortens my night considerably  :thumbsup: :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dork the kit slayer

Night?  night???  thats the bit between your last beer and your breakfast one...right??
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

When I'm on my days off ? Pretty much !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Coming on well Capt  :thumbsup:

And yes that radar pod is probably from a Helldiver now I think about it

Captain Canada

Thanks Chris. I'm at that stage now where I'm excited about it....ie: the finish line is in sight. I was test fitting where the bombs are going to be located, and didn't really like the look of them. Oh well, to late to turn back now eh ?! If it weren't for ongoing/neverending basement renos, I'd be sat down there now, with the tele on, fondling plastic.....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?