GD F-111 fixed wing concepts

Started by McColm, December 01, 2013, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orne M

On different projects in 1/72 and 1/48, I've kitbashed F-111 cockpits/nose-sections onto B-58s without any problems.

McColm

Librarian

Wish I had a photo but some years ago I kitbashed the HB F-111A with wings and strakes from a Revell F/A-18. Worked really well, with the added benefit that the pylons from the Hornet are an almost perfect match for those seen on the F-111B. With a bit of tinkering I also got the Hornet u/c to fit the F-111 with the barn doors replaced with side-openers. Looked gorgeous :thumbsup:.

63cpe

Reviving the thread!

Made better pictures and made up a story, but time out and was gone....:  :banghead:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/sets/72157656544159540

Still, I hope you like it!
David

PR19_Kit

Blimey, a mini-Hustler! Love it!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Thanks! maybe i'll repost it one day with the background story.....

David

Captain Canada

Great idea. A tactical variant ? I like that idea, and it sure does look the part !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

thundereagle1997

Where are the images for a fixed wing f-111? Please let me know as soon as possible.

63cpe

Pellson

Quote from: 63cpe on August 08, 2015, 08:51:49 AMReviving the thread!

Made better pictures and made up a story, but time out and was gone....:  :banghead:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsonsspecial/sets/72157656544159540

Still, I hope you like it!
David

Awesome!  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!