WWII filming goes wrong

Started by rickshaw, December 09, 2013, 09:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Logan Hartke

They'll just CGI him into a motorcycle courier in post.

Cheers,

Logan

Librarian

I can guess what happened here. The "Up their own a**" film crew use false authority to block off a road. Cyclist is told to stop and flatly ignores them :thumbsup:. I love good historical films and docu dramas but I've been in this situation twice where filming has closed a road with no alternative. On both occasions I did exactly what the cyclist did. Make your 'flick' but don't inconvenience others in the process.

Spey_Phantom

ah yes, the cycling tourists, or as we call them here, the cyclo-terrorists (because most of them have to respect for other road users, cyclists and traffic laws).

just because you have a cyclist racing jersey and an expensive racing bike, doenst mean you own the road. most think theyre riding the Tour de France, but they are a danger to others and themselves!
here, each year, there are hundreds of incidents involving these guys, including kids being run over or pushed off the road, pets being run over,....

basicly, they are pirates on 2 wheels.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

I DO hope you're not bunching all cyclists in with that comment Nils?  :-\

I'm a real cycle tourist and I've never worn a lycra anything in my entire life and I'm not starting now. I obey traffic lights, don't ride across pedestrian crossings when people are waiting and I try and keep out of the way of the class of motorist who think all cyclists are 'targets', but if any of them even so much as strike me a glancing blow my helmet-cam will have them on file!!!!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Sounds sort of like the I'm walking here! scene from Midnight Cowboy, probably one of the most memorable unscripted scenes ever.  NYC cabbie did the same thing, blew through the barriers, and Dustin Hoffman completely adlib'd with it.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

It's like most other walks of life!

There are ladies and gentlemen  who cycle,  and there are lycra louts. 

I have encountered   several  of   Nils' cycloterrorists myself  recently,  but I am relieved to report that most bicycle users in my area seem to behave like Kit.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

perttime

Quote from: Rheged on December 10, 2013, 08:11:09 AM
There are ladies and gentlemen  who cycle,  and there are lycra louts.  
As there are drivers who know how ro behave on the road, and there are drivers looking for opportunities to inconvenience or even kill anyone who is not in a car.

While cycling, I've only been hit by cars driven by people who were not paying attention. All three came "through" a Give Way sign.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 10, 2013, 06:40:42 AM
I DO hope you're not bunching all cyclists in with that comment Nils?  :-\

i love cycling to, but im not saying i hate cyclists, just hate the ones who disobey warnings, traffic laws and ride dangerously.
they are the ones who give good cyclists a bad name.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Nick

Whne they filmed 28 Days Later in central London they did it in the very early hours and had the buses rerouted for a short while. To stop all the delivery trucks they hired a bunch of pretty young ladies to chat up the drivers while they waited.... I'm told it worked a treat! ;D

Captain Canada

It's all the extras who blew it...just keep walking..... :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Nick on December 10, 2013, 03:55:14 PM
Whne they filmed 28 Days Later in central London they did it in the very early hours and had the buses rerouted for a short while. To stop all the delivery trucks they hired a bunch of pretty young ladies to chat up the drivers while they waited.... I'm told it worked a treat! ;D

I wouldn't be surprised...nor would I mind having a chat with a lovely young lady while waiting, were I a delivery driver.  My only claim to movie fame was providing an ambulance to the set of Kondom des Grauens at Cooper Union for the extras play EMTs for a day.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

Many years ago I worked as an extra on two movies - "Breaker Morant" and "Gallipoli".  They got extras from the Army (where I was serving) and we went on several weeks leave and played soldiers in the movies.  They wanted disciplined men who could carry themselves in a military manner and so we were it.  I got killed several times.  Fascinating how they organised the whole thing.  Got to meet some of the stars like Edward Woodward, Bryan Browne and Mel Gibson.  Pay was better than our Army pay (and we were drawing that as well), so it was a good little earner.  Didn't have to report for work until about 9 o'clock in the morning and knocked off at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon.   :cheers:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Librarian

I can remember crying my eyes out watching "Breaker Morant". Didn't it have the Drummer Boy tune in the soundtrack? I must watch that again.

As a driver, pedestrian and cyclist I have very wide views and an open mind on the current safety situation. Where I am now the driving conditions are atrocious. Only lemmings would use a bicycle round here, and you need a rubberneck to safely walk to Tesco and back. If anyone wants to see gridlock then come to Goodmayes during the school run. I will state this: people can wear what ever idiotic clothing they want to but a certain all-over clothing favoured by some Middle Eastern and Arabic females should be totally disallowed when driving cars...especially large/long cars. They are lethal drivers as I have seen with my own eyes. No peripheral vision etc. I was going to start wearing a Darth Vader helmet when driving and when stopped by the police I would then bring a case. The doctor just upped my dosage and told me to not get involved :banghead:.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Librarian on December 12, 2013, 01:47:03 AM
I can remember crying my eyes out watching "Breaker Morant".

Not so much "Breaker Morant" but I definitely choke-up every time I watch "Gallipoli".

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est