Updating a Königstiger for the RK

Started by scooter, December 13, 2013, 10:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

And so it begins...yet another updated World War II design for the Asiarama.  And yes, its getting the same treatment as the Ferdinand, lots of sheet plastic and "bolt-on" armor.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Because I'd rather not let parts go to waste, I changed out the exhaust system with that from the Ferdinand kit's non Zimmerit-coated spare.  Plus it helps disperse the thermal signature.

Found a couple small areas that'll need a dollop of PSR before being painted with Krylon rattlecan ultraflat Sand.  But progress!
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Woh! :o

Looking chunky but very good! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy

(PS: Is that a Dragon/Cyber Hobby "Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger Henschel Turret + Ambush at Poteau" Super Value Pack you're using?)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: buzzbomb on December 18, 2013, 07:01:22 PM
It is certainly chunkier than it was

Looks pretty martial, like the Elefant. I just wonder where or better on what THIS is supposed to roll on? With even more added armor etc. the ground pressure must be astronomical! I might suggest a modified running gear, e .g. with widened tracks? Even the real Königstiger (and the Elefant, too) was severely hampered by its weight - and the high silhouette won't help either...  :rolleyes:

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 19, 2013, 01:38:38 AM
(PS: Is that a Dragon/Cyber Hobby "Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger Henschel Turret + Ambush at Poteau" Super Value Pack you're using?)

Yes it is.  Very nice kit, but I do wish Dragon/Cyber Hobby had included an aluminum barrel

And wait for the pending backstory when its finished.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Dizzyfugu

Mongolia was covered with concrete?!  ;)