Crossing : F-111 and Viking/Asterix winged helmet

Started by ericr, December 16, 2013, 01:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Hi all,

well, here is another of my experiments in chance meetings on a dissectingXXXXXXXX modeling table.

Actually, it is not chance in the sense of randomness, but it corresponds to the observation of a similarity, even it it concerns only a quite specific aspects of each of the two.

Both have wings, of course, but more than that, both are equipped with the very special feature of variable geometry.
They can change the orientation of their wings, usually in a symmetric, synchronized way.

Hence the idea of trying this crossing of a F-111 (more precisely : EF-111 Spark VArk, 1/48, HobbyCraft)

and a Viking / Asterix helmet (1/1, brand unknown)

The colors are, as usual with me, red yellow and blue, because I like them, and they put the emphasis on the shape of things, with no precise historical connotations.

So here goes the helmet with F111 wings, in two configurations :

and its reciprocal, with wings open, and closed :

McColm

It works ,so there is hope for me and my radical designs :-)

nighthunter

*facepalm* Well, *takes a long drawn out breath* I got nothin'.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

The -111 definetly looks different ! I like the colours, but those wings would have to flap pretty fast to get her off the deck !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: nighthunter on December 16, 2013, 06:42:22 PM
*facepalm* Well, *takes a long drawn out breath* I got nothin'.
Ditto........ plus its late, I have to go to bed and not think about this. Too difficult.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

thank you for the appreciation of the "radical designs" : it is indeed pushing the limits of Whif a bit far apparently :wacko:

but to me it is not much more extreme than the egg-planes of hasegawa after all  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on December 18, 2013, 01:46:33 PM
thank you for the appreciation of the "radical designs" : it is indeed pushing the limits of Whif a bit far apparently :wacko:

but to me it is not much more extreme than the egg-planes of hasegawa after all  :rolleyes:

It really does cross into "Art" territory as far as I'm concerned and there is nothing wrong with that  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 19, 2013, 07:25:06 AM
Quote from: ericr on December 18, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

It really does cross into "Art" territory as far as I'm concerned and there is nothing wrong with that  :thumbsup:

thanks for taking pleasure in my humble proposals  :smiley:

"Art" sometimes means trying out ideas or images that do go beyond real life, like fiction, legend, etc, sometimes in a bit "radical" fashion with hybrid creatures ...
I don't know if there is a Whif category for that? how would we call it? extremeWhif? or, to avoid any aggressive connotation, FarOutWhif?

ericr

Quote from: ericr on December 20, 2013, 11:24:40 PM

"Art" sometimes means trying out ideas or images that do go beyond real life, like fiction, legend, etc, sometimes in a bit "radical" fashion with hybrid creatures ...
I don't know if there is a Whif category for that? how would we call it? extremeWhif? or, to avoid any aggressive connotation, FarOutWhif?

or ZanyWhif ?  :mellow:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

CSMO

That one is as aerodynamic as a well-engineered brick! Adios, Larry.
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

ericr

with Asterix, the "magic potion" is stronger than any aerodynamics or physics  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on December 21, 2013, 12:24:42 AM
Quote from: ericr on December 20, 2013, 11:24:40 PM

or ZanyWhif ?  :mellow:

In my view it's modelling, sculpture if you wish, but still modern art  :thumbsup:

Quote from: ericr on December 22, 2013, 02:00:24 AM
with Asterix, the "magic potion" is stronger than any aerodynamics or physics  ;D

;D ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

Quote from: CSMO on December 21, 2013, 05:51:45 PM
That one is as aerodynamic as a well-engineered brick! Adios, Larry.

btw some time ago I tried putting more aerodynamic wings to an A-10 ...

maybe it's also a bit radical whiffin'  :rolleyes:

ericr

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 22, 2013, 07:06:55 AM

In my view it's modelling, sculpture if you wish, but still modern art  :thumbsup:

I rather take it as a compliment, thanks  <_<

It is modelling, as it is about using parts from plastic models, and assembling and painting them with the very same techniques and tools as usual.

So there could be a category named "Whif verging to sculpture" ?