S-55 types ar Aeroplanes or Convert-a-planes

Started by Captain Canada, December 16, 2013, 06:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Drew this up at work this afternoon. Hey, some days in the field are long....

Just trying to come up with an final layout. Maybe the wings fold back ? Take them off completely ? Rotor would have to fold back or be removed or be set into the wing ? Driven by a prop geared from the tranny ? Maybe a pusher atop the fuselage ? Maybe a twin boom ? Maybe a turbine powered variant with ducts attached to divert the exhaust ?

Anyway, here's the basic idea :

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

I dunno what "vitamins" your taking Todd but I could do with a dose of em myself ;D

I like the look of this one
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Dizzyfugu

How about An-2 biplane wings, with two radials in nacelles between them?

rickshaw

How about a long extension shaft along the top of the tail boom to a pusher prop?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Librarian

I can almost see a glider-tug combination thing going here...Vietnam...Buffalo...Mel Gibson getting sprinkled with water ;D.

Whatever happened to the Beverley at Hendon?

kitnut617

Quote from: Martin H on December 16, 2013, 10:50:56 PM
I dunno what "vitamins" your taking Todd but I could do with a dose of em myself ;D

I like the look of this one

Not sure it's the "vitamins" Martin  ------    :lol:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Father Ennis

You should turn that into an autogyro !!!  Shorten the wings and give it it's rotor back then  add a T-tail.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on December 17, 2013, 05:20:28 AM
Whatever happened to the Beverley at Hendon?

It followed the same fate as many British Rail branch lines. They couldn't be bothered to maintain it so just left it until it had deteriorated so much that it had to be broken up BECAUSE it had deteriorated so much.

It's called 'Preservation by Neglect'..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Librarian

That's truly upset me. As a small boy, I found her far more interesting and beautiful than the fighters etc. That was also the day I fell in love with the Beaufighter....faithful to this day :thumbsup:. Are there any Beverleys still around?

Chris Payne

Quote from: Librarian on December 17, 2013, 12:59:10 PM
That's truly upset me. As a small boy, I found her far more interesting and beautiful than the fighters etc. That was also the day I fell in love with the Beaufighter....faithful to this day :thumbsup:. Are there any Beverleys still around?

The only surviving Blackburn Beverley is XB259 and she is on display at Fort Paull, near Hull.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

PR19_Kit

And to make it worse '259 never flew with an RAF squadron as she spent her entire life at Boscombe. But she was the first Beverly off the production line and has been fitted out with all the squadron service bits by the Museum of Army Transport and the Fort Paull Museum guys so she's pretty authentic.

'259 was also the aircraft with which Low Level Drops were developed, slinging the load out the back at almost zero feet without a big parachute. My Dad's guys at TCTDF (Transport Command Training and Development Flight....) were down there to give 'moral support' as my Dad put it. I think they just went for the jolly!  ;D

[Thread Drift Rules OK.....  ;D]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 16, 2013, 06:12:40 PM

Ya know, those wings look like the sort of planks that stuck out on each side of an Otter. If yer lookin' fer parts, it's a suggestion...  ;)
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

That's what I was thinking.....well, Beaver. But an Otter wing would work as well. Since they already had them.

And to be sure, letting history rot to the point that it needs to be destroyed is madness.

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?