Blohm & Voss BV P.194 now FINISHED!!!

Started by matrixone, December 20, 2013, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here are some pictures of my recently finished 1/72 scale B & V P.194 built from the Revell kit, the model was built SFTB, paints used were Model Master enamels.

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

That's one MEAN looking device!

Only Bv could have built it of course, but the model looks great.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks Kit! :thumbsup:

Yes its somewhat mean looking but at the same time has the look of desperation from the losing side of the conflict.

Matrixone

dumaniac

matrixone

Thanks Dumaniac,
There is no doubt about this one being a what-if. ;D

Matrixone

Weaver

Great model: nice one!

I must admit that I've never understood this particular aircraft. I get how the asymetry argument works for a single piston-engined design, namely that the physical asymetry of the airframe compensates for the asymetric forces generated by the engine and prop, but then putting a jet engine on the cockpit pod seems to drive a coach and horses through that .....  :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

Yep, really like it.  Great paint job once again  :thumbsup:.  I do agree it is an odd beast, must have kept the pilot very busy with trim adjustments. 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Cobra

This just Goes to Show,Even a Model Kit Becomes a Masterpiece when The Master,matrixone Gets Involved ;) Keep up the Superb Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and as my Late Grandpa used to say,"Glade Yule" :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on December 20, 2013, 05:22:28 PM
Great model: nice one!

I must admit that I've never understood this particular aircraft. I get how the asymetry argument works for a single piston-engined design, namely that the physical asymetry of the airframe compensates for the asymetric forces generated by the engine and prop, but then putting a jet engine on the cockpit pod seems to drive a coach and horses through that .....  :unsure:

Perhaps it was intended to be built so that the 'Centre of Drag' was on the centre line of the bit of wing in the middle? It would still have been a pain to fly as the throttle response would have been wildly different for both types of engine evebn if they were matched for power rating at the same eventual throttle position.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Nothing to say that I haven't said about absolutely every build/photo you have displayed......excellent...!!! I really like this one.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

TallEng

Nice build :thumbsup: and fantastic paintwork as usual :bow: :bow:
It really is a rather odd looking airplane though.
Maybe the design was finalized on a Friday after a liquid lunch......

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on December 21, 2013, 06:28:02 AM

Maybe the design was finalized on a Friday after a liquid lunch......

It's a Blohm und Voss design, it's NORMAL for them!   ;) :lol:

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks guys, your comments are greatly appreciated.

After reading up on this design some years ago I remember the idea for the jet engine was for it to be used only during takeoff and during the bombing run, all other phases of flight were to be powered by the piston engine alone, this makes a little more sense to me because of the small size of jet fuel tanks planned for the design.

Matrixone

NARSES2

I've always had a soft spot for B & V designs especially those designed by Richard Vogt. They just look so different to the norm (whatever that is)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.