Iron Maiden Aircraft Idea

Started by Cobra, December 31, 2013, 04:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was just watching an Iron Maiden Video for their Song 'Aces High' Camp Chaos Edition on Youtube and Got an Idea:Iron Maiden Fighter Jets! mind You, in the Video,they were Flying a Lancaster and Kickin Tail with it. but, i Figured for a Modern Take to give them Fighter Jets for Each Member of the Band, What fighter Jet would Work for that? if Anyone wants to take a Crack at doing Profiles,or Building one, Be My Guest but Please give me Credit for the Idea,OK? Thanks for Looking. Dan

inkworm

Bruce beat you to it.

But not a bad idea, Nicko would obviously fly something a bit obscure and quirky, maybe one of our X planes or something that didn't quite make it off the drawing board.

Taking it further what about other bands such as Sabbath, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Metallica, Slayer, NIN what would they have and how would they look?
Colouring pixels is less messy than kit bashing.

bobbo

I wonder what the Jefferson airplane might have flown?  Or did they even need an airplane??

bobbo

Captain Canada

A Spitfire with all her fabric ripped missing and torn. But how can she sail with no wind in her sails and no tide ?

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: bobbo on December 31, 2013, 12:45:59 PM
I wonder what the Jefferson airplane might have flown?  Or did they even need an airplane??

bobbo

At one point they were "Jefferson Airship" and a later time they were "Jefferson Starship" before they became simply "Starship" so take your pick!

Though Kit would probably do the R101 for them  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on December 31, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

bobbo

At one point they were "Jefferson Airship" and a later time they were "Jefferson Starship" before they became simply "Starship" so take your pick!

Gondor

Surely R101  is the trusty steed of Led Zeppelin!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on December 31, 2013, 02:04:52 PM

bobbo

Gondor

Surely R101  is the trusty steed of Led Zeppelin!

Nay nay...that would be the Graf Zeppelin.  Or perhaps the Hindenburg.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Not likely, the R100 would be MUCH more likely in my case. Not sure where I'd pose Grace Slick though...........  ;)

In passing I replied to Dan's original post about 10 mins after he posted it, something to the effect that Bruce was already a 757 Captain, and the post has vanished without trace!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

I saw the iron maiden plane parked at gatwick when I came home from greece once....had the predator style  head on the tail.....very impressive.....!!!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Some months ago there was a TV documentary about Iron Maiden's world tour in the 757, and Bruce flew many of the sectors himself!

There's a really crucial bit where they try and land at Tokyo on the actual day of the huge earthquake and eventually have to divert to a more southerly airport. Needless to say their gig was cancelled.....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 01, 2014, 08:12:06 AM
There's a really crucial bit where they try and land at Tokyo on the actual day of the huge earthquake and eventually have to divert to a more southerly airport. Needless to say their gig was cancelled.....

Yup can you imagine an Iron Maiden concert would do to an already weakened city ?  :rolleyes:

I can enjoy heavy rock in small doses (and that's come with age strangely) but at heart I'm still a soul/reggae little suede head deep down  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Interesting build theme.
Motorhead would obviously fly an He 111 (Bomber).
Blue Oyster Cult favour Me 262s as shown on the Secret Treaties cover (one of my planned whifs for 2014)
Molly Hatchet in a Norseman.
Lynyrd Skynyrd in anything but a Convair CV-300.  F5 Freedom Fighter maybe? (Freebird)
Steve Earle either a Huey slick (Copperhead Road - "DEA got choppers in the air, wake up screaming like i'm back over there") or a Thud (Johnny Come Lately - "MY P-47 is a pretty good ship and she took a round coming cross the Channel last trip').
Saxon in a 747 (Strangers in the Night).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

I occasionally dream about modelling Abney Park's Ophelia just for giggles. :wub:

It'll never happen, though! :blink:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Runway ? ...

Aerosmith , An X-71 Shuttle. (Armageddon , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cWfFEKAfE )
Boston , hmm

IIRC that's a city sitting on top of a BFO guitar shaped spaceship.
They probably win.