My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 16, 2014, 11:26:28 AM
another of my projects I really should finish

Ditto.

I've already done the BD-5J, to be posed 'flying' inverted over the BD-5 prototype on the wire that's sticking out of the base. I've only had them in build for about 15 yrs.....  :banghead:

Sorry for the rubbish pic, my pocket-cam refuses to flash if there just one single photon of light available. <sigh>
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

OK

The BD-5 series had several wing lengths :

The prop version had two spans, these being the standard wing of 14' 3".
The alternative wing, for cross country flights was 21' 6".

The BD-5J had a span of 17'.

The glider version, the BD-5S had a span of 27' 10". There was only one built and it proved too difficult to control so was not continued with.

The kit was originally from LS and you got a prop version with the 21' 6" wing, and the J with the 17" span wing.

The kit was subsequently issued by ARII in which you get two of everything. In other words two prop jobs and two jet jobs.

From my personal experience the canopies in the ARII kit are slightly less clear than the original LS ones.

Jim AKA BD-5 Fan.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on October 16, 2014, 12:20:49 PM

From my personal experience the canopies in the ARII kit are slightly less clear than the original LS ones.

Jim AKA BD-5 Fan.

Yes you're right Jim, got those Arii ones.  I tried to polish them out a bit but still not as I'd like it. Reason I haven't exactly rushed and un-packed them from their house moving box. The figures come from the spares box though, had a bunch of them from something, might have been the Hobbycraft Avro Arrow kits I think, they were on the small size for 1/72 (probably because that kit seems to scale out at 1/75 scale). Anyway, the group of BD5's I have will be a tongue-in-cheek take on the Snowbird Display Team
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Hi Robert, yes I remember the original thread about that build.

And now Ladies , Gentlemen, and Whiffers

Regarding the BD-5S, here is the page from :
Janes World of Sailplanes and Motor Gliders,
by Andrew Coates.

And here is a photo of three BD-5's that I have had on the go for a long time now.
The first two are prop jobs and are the same aircraft but for the ETPS (Empire Test Pilots School).

The third one is the BD-5S glider.

Jim

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Leading Observer

Two more from ebay: Hasegawa G8N1 Rita and Airfix Nimrod - I'm thinking PLAAF markings for the Rita
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

lancer

Quote from: Leading Observer on October 17, 2014, 06:19:40 AM
Two more from ebay: Hasegawa G8N1 Rita and Airfix Nimrod - I'm thinking PLAAF markings for the Rita

PLAAF markings on the Nimrod??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JayBee

From yesterday's show at Glasgow.

KP XFY-1 Pogo
PLATZ P-51D double kit (1/144)
Hasegawa J7W1 Shinden Snap-together Kit (1/100)
New Airfix Gladiator J-8A/Mk. II

Cats are not real. 

zenrat

Oooh, Pogo.  I need one of them to accompany the Salmon in my stash.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

hmm, yesterday's haul from a trip to birmingham, parabellum especially and a bit of a dragon fest....

1/35 dragon UH-1D with german army markings
1/35 dragon german radio and command post
1/35 dragon 'fallen comrades' -aachen 1944
1/35 italeri  water fountain
1/35 dragon Pz.Kpfw.I leichte funk

1/72 special hobby heinkel he-178V2 [this boxing has two sets of wings and i'm not sure why.  did the wings change in shape between the V1 and V2 prototypes?]
1/72 special hobby meteor prone pilot
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

From Glasgow:

Sword Seafire IIc
2 x Sword Seafire III
Airfix Spitfire PRXIX (part started)

From Robert via Martin H
Fujimi Spitfire FRXIVe
Academy Spitfire XIVc
Airfix Spitfire Vb
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

From Glasgow on Saturday,

1 x 1/144 Minicraft C-97 with a Freightdog AWI conversion set courtesy of Thorvic  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lancer

From Reading Hobbycraft

1 Arixfix ME109E-7 / Trop
1 Airfix A-4b/4P Skyhawk

I only went in there for a bottle of glue....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

zenrat

From Jays Hobby Products in Noo Zeeland I have just received a Tasman Models 1/72 De Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide Upgrade kit.
This consists of a Heller Dragon Rapide, some upgrade parts and some decals.
I'm thinking civilian, possibly Frankston Skycabs (Skybus?).

Or maybe...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 20, 2014, 05:06:58 PM
From Jays Hobby Products in Noo Zeeland I have just received a Tasman Models 1/72 De Havilland DH-89A Dragon Rapide Upgrade kit.
This consists of a Heller Dragon Rapide, some upgrade parts and some decals.

I've had that kit for ages, and I really must build it some time, RW as the RAF Dominie which took me into the air for the first time in 1953 or so. It's very well done indeed, the basic kit is good but the added Tasman buts are the icing on the cake.

Regards
Kit