My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Chaos on November 11, 2014, 10:41:30 AM
Evening everyone, from Telford back and souvenirs. Kits, magazines, tools, accessories and what for my Girlfrind.

The Karl Gerat was the one for your girlfriend, right?  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Chaos

Quote from: Weaver on November 11, 2014, 02:52:54 PM
Loool  ;D ;D
No this is for My, cam only 2 Phounds.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on November 11, 2014, 02:52:54 PM
Quote from: The Chaos on November 11, 2014, 10:41:30 AM
Evening everyone, from Telford back and souvenirs. Kits, magazines, tools, accessories and what for my Girlfrind.

Nah

It was the floor polish  :rolleyes: ;D

Nice haul my friend  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

AZ Spitfire MK IXc "Interesting Schemes"
AZ Spitfire LFXVIe "Early"

From Fenwicks:
Airfix Spitfire I/IIa
Airfix Spitfire PR19 x 2

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

almost forgot this addition from SMW2014....

a set of 1/144 stryene winglets for a boeing 747-400 [from PR19_Kit and  :cheers: kit! :cheers: ]

these for the cunning plan over in my blog hereabouts and thanks to kit for reminding me.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

They're actually styrene Howard, but very strange styrene and you'll find ordinary plastic glue works OK on them.

They came from the Masterkit Boeing 747-400 conversion kit, a very badly named item if ever I saw one as it consisted of the winglets, the long upper cabin and some engines that were meant to be GE CF6s, but only on a good day.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

from ian allen, brum, a 1:35 Tamiya  Male tank ( with motor)  and a cut price m60a2  ( the starship version, im not certain if it will keep the 152mm gun, or if ill put something else on it yet)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

JayBee

Just back from Glasgow having taken SWMBO up there for Christmas shopping.
Me? I dropped into Jamiesson's (the Aladin's cave for modellers), for a tin of paint.
Came out with the tin of paint, AND the Zevezda Il-62.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Hiding a tin of paint from SWMBO is easy, but how do you manage it with an Il-62 kit?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

now surely you dont expect him to disclose that sort of information in open forum? even more so if there is any chance SWMBO has any way of monitoring his web access ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

It may come in handy sometime.

It doesn't matter to me, Mrs_PR19 is wholly on my side when it comes to 'stash improvement' but others may find it usefull.

Regards
Kit

proditor

Wedding Anniversary Prezzies from the missus:

1/700 Blue Ridge Models USS Arizona Arsenal Ship
1/700 Imperial Hobby Productions USS Lexington Battlecruiser
1/700 IHP Funnels for USS Lexington

The wife got lots of Dr. Who stuff and was pleased that we decided to forego "Wood" as the more traditional choice.  ;)

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 13, 2014, 09:14:33 AM
Hiding a tin of paint from SWMBO is easy, but how do you manage it with an Il-62 kit?

Dead easy! She was still in Glasgow when I got home, however other times I just walk in and say "I got this".
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 13, 2014, 06:28:41 AM
from ian allen, brum, a 1:35 Tamiya  Male tank ( with motor)  and a cut price m60a2  ( the starship version, im not certain if it will keep the 152mm gun, or if ill put something else on it yet)

Bear in mind that the commander of the M60A2 sat directly behind the breech, so if you replace the 152mm with something that has a longer recoil stroke, he'll stop being your friend real quick......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones