My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Quote from: Thorvic on December 03, 2014, 10:09:40 AM
Hows the mini A-400M ?

I'm impressed. It's got a full interior, and you can build it with the ramp up or down. 2 sets of props (normal and feathered, I think). The fuselage consists of several separate panels in addition to the main halves, so it'll be a bit more work getting everything lined up. A lot more parts than the average airliner.
I've no idea how accurate it is, but the one that was on the What-if SIG stand at Telford certainly looked the part.

PR19_Kit

Sounds like they pantographed the big one down by 50%, very sensible.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Hobbs, what you going to do with 2 ISS kits???  deep range explorer? Crystal palace?  orbital sensor and defence relay ?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

seadude

Just picked up from the Post Office the 1/72 scale Planet Models "Tacit Blue" stealth test plane. Boy, was this a hard model to get. Took me about half a dozen websites before I finally found somebody that had one.........and all the way from Britain too!  :thumbsup:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Hobbes

The ISS kit shows the station as it was planned around 2000, I want to build it closer to the current configuration. The second kit will be a spare parts source.  

Steel Penguin

ok. :thumbsup:  watch out assembling the keel  the ali box section is very hard to get down the centre once there's the tiniest bit of glue / paint on the plastic, and wile it is a lovely cealing model its not stressed to take it well and will banana if your not careful ( personal experience on both counts).
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

seadude

Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 03, 2014, 12:07:29 PM
ok. :thumbsup:  watch out assembling the keel  the ali box section is very hard to get down the centre once there's the tiniest bit of glue / paint on the plastic, and wile it is a lovely cealing model its not stressed to take it well and will banana if your not careful ( personal experience on both counts).

Were you replying to me or somebody else?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Martin H

Quote from: seadude on December 03, 2014, 01:46:53 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 03, 2014, 12:07:29 PM

Were you replying to me or somebody else?
Looks like the Penguin was replying to Hobbes ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Thorvic on December 03, 2014, 10:10:57 AM
Collected from the Post Office a 2nd Airfix Supermarine Swift from eBay USA  :thumbsup:

hmm, with catches like this I see exactly why the EKFG gets his name EKFG,  ;D ;D

c'mon Geoff, post some piccys please!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Steel Penguin

Seedude,  yup sorry for the confusion, it was Hobbs and the ISS post I was replying to 
I appear to be making less sense than normal .

Martin H

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 04, 2014, 01:52:06 AM
hmm, with catches like this I see exactly why the EKFG gets his name EKFG,  ;D ;D

He also has the EKFG title by pointing people towards desired Kits.

Via a tip off from thorvic. One Airfix Supermarine Swift has been transfered from California to my stash in the UK.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Dizzyfugu

Shot a Matchbox lot of four kits on ebay at a reasonable price:
- Brewster Buffalo
- Hs 126
- P51D
- BAC Strikemaster

Good stuff with potential!

zenrat

Absolutely.
Hs126 with the Buffalo engine, P51 canopy and all the weapons from the strikemaster.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

...and a Fujimi Harrier GR.3. Not so much for the kit, rather for the 1417th Flight markings (Belize) for another idea/project.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 05, 2014, 05:07:22 AM
...and a Fujimi Harrier GR.3. Not so much for the kit, rather for the 1417th Flight markings (Belize) for another idea/project.

I'd be interested to hear what that one's like, I don't think I've ever seen one before.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit