My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 07, 2014, 11:00:52 AM
Quote from: Martin H on December 07, 2014, 10:49:16 AM
Revell Buccaneer S-2B. Yes its yee olde Matchbox kit. But a good one for hacking up. Still trying to work out how they fitted the kit is such a small box!

DON'T open the box! You'll never get every thing back in there, mine is still contained in a big plastic bag because I DID open it!

Noted ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:
Airkit Spitfire F22
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

I met Chris in Islington for the London Model show and it was OK, the number of clubs equalled the traders. CMK turned up from Czech with some deals.

For the entry price of £6 we got a goody bag with a magazine and a kit!

1/144 Eduard Mig-21Bis Bunny Tiger - like this http://www.kpmjindrichuvhradec.cz/cs/67/gallery-409/prehled-galerii--mig-21-bis-bunny-tiger-e-day2014.htm

1/72 Azur Nardi F.N.305 - a pre-war Italian trainer and liaison monoplane. Looks like a cross between the front of a Miles Magister and the rear of a Bf-109.

The Wooksta!

Just won on ebay:

Airkit Spitfire F21

Same trader as yesterday.  And little more than a fiver!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

At the London Model Show with Nick.

The free Eduard 1/144 Mig 21 - it's teeny  :blink:

Plus from the MPM boys - 1/72 Caproni Ca 310 Libeccio "Italian and Spanish". Means I've got 3 of these Azur/SH Caproni 31*'s now. Always liked the aeroplane and at a couple of £ discount as well  :thumbsup: I think this one will be Hungarian but with the 3 colour upper Italian camouflage scheme rather then mottle

And as I had my SAM discount voucher it only cost me a £5 to get in  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 08, 2014, 07:03:32 AM
Plus from the MPM boys - 1/72 Caproni Ca 310 Libeccio "Italian and Spanish". Means I've got 3 of these Azur/SH Caproni 31*'s now. Always liked the aeroplane and at a couple of £ discount as well  :thumbsup: I think this one will be Hungarian but with the 3 colour upper Italian camouflage scheme rather then mottle

Just found out the Hungarian's actually had them although were that impressed with their reliability that they sent them back. Will probably still go Hungarian but with the latter national markings and the 3 tone camouflage.

This apparently was also the version that was ordered by the RAF so an RAF trainer is another option.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received this afternoon from a Canadian seller on ebay

1 x 1/72 Academy Lockheed PV-1 which I will convert into something else as I bought it for the turret.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

at the show at the MAM, in coventry last sunday.

a couple of 1/35 russian APC's [BTR-50 and BTR-90]
eduard 1/72 Me-410 [a decent looking kit of the type at last]
matchbox 1/72 HS-125/600
a couple of dragon 1/72 Heinkel He-219 kits
airfix 1/72 B-17
a couple of fujimi 1/72 japanese 'judy' carrier based bombers

a few decal stripe sheets from paul davis and it was a good day too.

lots of EE lightnings and McDD F-4 phantoms dominating the wiff SIG stand see!  :cheers:
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Chaos

pyro-manic

Today, from Japan, a Bandai MG Hi-Nu Gundam ver.Ka. Another silly giant robot. This one rather large, with wings. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Old Wombat

OK, they're not actually in the stash, yet, but I've just ordered the following;

From BNA Model World:
1 x  1/35 British 155mm AS-90 Howitzer (Trumpeter 00324)
1 x  1/35 155mm L/39 Barrel for British AS-90 Self-propelled Artillery (RB Model 35B51)
2 x  1/35 LAV-150 Commando AFV w/Cockerill 90mm Gun (HobbyBoss 82422)

From HobbyLink Japan:
1 x  1/48 Bristol F.2B (Revell)

modelkitsonline:
1 x  1/48 Sea Hurricane (Italeri)

The all pretty cheap but the LAV-150's were a mere $15 each! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

Not really in my stash, but will be in somebody else's during my model club Christmas party and gift exchange: I picked up a 1/72 Hasegawa Beaufighter Mk.X  w/ 500 lb. bombs.

But I will be picking up from the Post Office tomorrow a 1/350 USS San Diego SAN ANTONIO class LPD that I bought for myself.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, yesterday i added the following ex antics coventry branch....

1/72 Revell F-18C [its the old italeri tooling but comes with an excellent decal sheet for the USN VFA-151 'Vigilantes' CAG bird aboard USS Abraham Lincoln in 2007]

1/72 Airfix Dornier Do-17Z [the new tool kit and very nice it looks too, especially with the inclusion of the croat volunteers unit markings that flew the type with the luftwaffe on the eastern front in 1941. its worth buying!  :thumbsup: ]
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

A cheap Matchbox Wellesley, at last! Thinking about retrograding it into a biplane...  :rolleyes:

TallEng

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 10, 2014, 02:10:39 AM
A cheap Matchbox Wellesley, at last! Thinking about retrograding it into a biplane...  :rolleyes:

That's what I'd thought of doing, trouble is if you rummage around on the web you'll find
That vickers have already done that: the Vickers type 253 ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks