My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

From The Big H, three sets of 1/72nd canopy & wheel masks for the Airfix Skyhawk.

£2 each plus free postage isn't bad at all, given my limited ability to paint in straight lines....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on December 15, 2014, 03:26:16 AM
Olimp resin set 1/72 ASh-73TK engine set for Tu-4 Bull Soviet/ Chinese B-29 bomber
Been after one of these for ages. Must save up for the Academy or Airfix b-29.

Thanks McColm, I didn't know these existed.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Try eBay,
They've got some sets on there and the Soviet turrets as well. Haven't seen the AEW set for awhile.

Dizzyfugu

Got an 1:72 Amodel Yak-130D - no plan yet, but was cheap.  :rolleyes:

DogfighterZen

Arrived today : Hasegawa weapons set VII and Hobbyboss A-7P
Earlier this week: Xtradecal RIAT97 and Santa Cruz Portuguese flag and insignia decal sheets

And that's not half of this month's acquisitions, the rest is still on it's way... What can i say, got my holiday bonus and it's been a patriotic month! ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Nick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 17, 2014, 12:04:59 AM
Got an 1:72 Amodel Yak-130D - no plan yet, but was cheap.  :rolleyes:

You should have got two, then you'd have a pair of Mittens!  ;D :rolleyes:

Howard of Effingham

from antics Coventry a couple of days ago....

1/72 academy B-29A 'old battler'. interestingly academy include on the sprues and provide a choice of decal options for the B-29
variant that was adapted to help transport fuel over the 'hump' in the CBI theatre during WW2. I think this will get a RCAF, RAAF or
even a RNZAF ELINT conversion at some stage in the future done to it.  the nose art decals ARE going to be very useful.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Eventually received from Hannants, not their fault, I had an email from the Delivery office on Monday saying that the parcel was ready for delivery, then they deliver it to a neighbour yesterday as I was out!  :blink:

1 x 1/72 Airfix Lightning F6 to be a real work aircraft, not decided which squadron yet. No gun pack for what I will build as the gun pack will go to an F2A at some point.

2 x 1/72 Quickboost Ju88G tail fins for the Zevezda Ju88G-6 which I have 2 on order at the moment and are due any day.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

From the new Aldi in Ayr,

Airfix P-51D starter set
Airfix P-40 Tomahawk Starter set

both for only £4.99 each.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Dizzyfugu

Got hands on a 1:100 "ADF-01F FALKEN", an unmanned fighter "thing" from Ace Combat, made by Bandai.

Certainly, noone knows what this might be... well, it looks like this:

Has potential, needs at least a decent cockpit. And maybe some Red Stars?  :party:

McColm

Hannants do a range of Olimp resin conversion sets including the B-29 / Tu-4.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 18, 2014, 05:35:21 AM
Got hands on a 1:100 "ADF-01F FALKEN", an unmanned fighter "thing" from Ace Combat, made by Bandai.

Certainly, noone knows what this might be... well, it looks like this:

Has potential, needs at least a decent cockpit. And maybe some Red Stars?  :party:

Relative of the Ghost X-9.....?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Dizzyfugu

Conceptually, maybe. It's not from an anime like the Ghost (MACROSS PLUS), though, but from a video game - and I am, not certain about its appearance and capabilities there.
I primarily bought it for the odd but futuristic look, plan is to turn it into a manned 1:72 fighter - was lucky because the kit normally goes for more than 100USD in Japan, I got it through a local retailer for less than half of that. Could not say no...  as always. ;)

pyro-manic

I know where it's from - that was just an idea. It's got the same sort of feel to it.

It does look like something the Russians might make, though - but make sure it's not grey....!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Dizzyfugu

A Heller 1:100 combo: a Super Mystere and a Vautour.