My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

MPC 1/72 Avro Vulcan (re-box of the Airfix kit).  It's bagged and missing the undercarriage, decals and bang seats (lack of cockpit detail is not a problem in a Vulcan!) but everything else is there.

Pleasant surprise this, I'd given my mate a few 1/48 kits a few weeks ago.  Last night he bought me burger and a pint and gave me this Vulcan in return. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 05, 2014, 12:48:45 AM
Quote from: Nils on March 04, 2014, 08:40:12 AM
after a long time, ive finally managed to get hold of a New-Tool Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.I  :thumbsup:

Fabric wing version with the Belgian markings Nils ?

yes indeed  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

After several years of global hunting I was finally able to get my hands on a 1:72 Dougram "Bigfoot" mecha, in the form of a reboxed Takara kit under the Robotech Defenders: Ziyon (1/72) by Revell from the mid 80ies.
The kit is rare and goes at insane price tags, got mine for US$ 40, which is O.K. Prices normally start at US$50.

Gondor

from ebay

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E Phantom to be a real work Vietnam aircraft After all it was the USAF that requested the internal gun after they started fighting in Vietnam. Now to find some appropriate decals ....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Radish

5 dinosaur heads (plastic finger puppets).... :banghead: :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gondor

from ebay

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-4B/N Phantom to be a real world late F-4B which if I can find decals for will be the aircraft on the cover of "Spirit of the Sky"

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Daryl J.

Tamiya's new 1/72 F-16CJ:  preordered 2.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 08, 2014, 11:11:04 AM

You would have been better off buying the Academy kit as the Tamiya one is a re-boxing of the Italeri kit. See here as in my opinion the Academy kit is far superior.

Gondor

kitnut617

From Carl (The Big Gimper), 1/144 Fantastic Plastic Avro 730
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Hasegawa F-4EJ in 1/72 and F-16 in 1/48.   In those wild Anime colors.    But that paints over and they were *cheap*!  :drink:

seadude

Picked up at a model contest today:

In the vendor area:
1/72 MPC Space:1999 Eagle transporter for $20

Won in a raffle:
1/48 Revell F/A-18E Hornet
1/32 Testor YF-22 ATF
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Gondor

Quote from: Gondor on March 08, 2014, 01:33:09 PM
Quote from: Daryl J. on March 08, 2014, 11:11:04 AM

You would have been better off buying the Academy kit as the Tamiya one is a re-boxing of the Italeri kit. See here as in my opinion the Academy kit is far superior.

Gondor

My bad. I was unaware that Tamiya were producing a new kit. Think I may have to get one myself sometime as the pictures I have seen look great.

Gondor

McColm

Just lost out on a few bids on eBay, however;
1/144 Revell Boeing 747 SCA and Space Shuttle
1/72 Xtrakit Meteor NF 11/12/14 with Modeldecale sheet 92
1/24
Acadamey Ford Capri RS3100
Revell Trailer spares or repair.

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay
Airkit Enterprises Spitfire Vc conversion wings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen