My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

From the Modelzone section in Reading. My first kit buy's for 2014 thanks to a minor windfall.

Airfix FW190 F8/A8 - Looks very nice as I was fondeling the Sprues. No bloody Lightnings though!!!

Revell TA152-H 
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JayBee

Is the 152H the old FROG moulding or is it a new mould?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

Old Frog mould, but the outline is reasonable.  Best using a Revell 190 for replacement cockpit interior and u/c (the Frog doors are salvageable), a spare blown canopy from the Academy or Hobbyboss 190D, whilst an Airfix 190D would give a replacement prop and cowling.

Mind, it's cheaper to source an Aoshima Ta 152 H, which is a stunning kit, roughly comparable with an Academy or Hasegawa 190D
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

luft46models

Big box of a Meng 1/35 D9 Bulldozer ( Zombie build including Umbrella Corp decals and schurzen)
F35 1/48 from Hobby Boss for a friend who is doing a scale o rama on it.
Zoku Maru Shinden in 1/48 - normal build

For those of you doubting the usefulness of clear water bottles I have just finished a diorama ( non military) using the earlier versions from Accurate Armour. ( nestling in the waste paper bin and on the desk at
http://luft46.wordpress.com/

though you will have to scroll down past the big box to see the diorama.

William in Oz

Captain Canada

A couple of floaty things I've been after :

Revell 1:285 USS Burton Island
Revell 1:530 USS Hornet

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

In my search for a donor for my Airmodel Vickers Valetta I got the following as a job lot from the US/Canada (I thought it was Canada but the postage is via USPS). Mostly unboxed but sealed in 'inner bags'. Not cheap with the cost postage and good old HM Customs (they charge you for the pleasure of examining the parcel, let alone adding duty !) but Frog Wellingtons / Wellingtons in general seem to be a tad expensive at the moment.

3 x Modelcraft ex-frog Wellingtons.  One has a snapped fuselage half (no problem) that's going to be the donor. The other two both have the resin Merlin engines so likely one of those will be built, the other... who knows ?
2 x Modelcraft ex-frog Shackletons. Only one with decals, no plans for these may have to trade at least one on as I have the Intech boxing already in my stash
2 x Modecraft ex-frog Sea Vixens. One is tempting either as a US or Soviet... again may need to trade the other.
2 x Modelcraft ex-frog Whitleys. Great little non-frog decal sheet including a captured German offering *. Only one has plans though and they look like they've been through the shredder !
1 x Modelcraft ex-Matchbox Halifax. No decals, no instructions (anyone got a set they could copy and email?) Never built one of these Airfix or Matchbox/Revell so looking at options.
1 x Academy IL-2 boxed, didn't know how nice this kit was... may be real world Hungarian as per one of the box options.
1 x Glencoe 1/96 Vickers Viscount. Not my scale but ... what if I put these wings on a.... <fill in the blanks yourself>

* Actually, on reflection I think it's the Wellington that has the Luftwaffe decals.

Other recent wins...

Italeri Macchi Mc202 and MC205 plus a Supermodel Reggiane RE2001 - I'm thinking design competitors to the Ki-61 Hien

AZ Model Vought F6U-1 Pirate 'International'.... got to be the RAF out of the box option.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Knightflyer

Hi Bungle

Your Canadian/US haul sounds very similar to the one I ordered pre-Christmas that arrived late January. Out of Canada, but posted in the US. Same issue with customs as you had

I had
6 x Shackletons
6 x Sea Vixens
6 x Sea Venom
1 X Whitley
and the same anonymous Halifax
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

TallEng

The postman brought two packages for me this morning :thumbsup:
Unfortunately Mrs TallEng opened the door to the postman.... :banghead:
So she said (suspiciously) what's in the packages... Um Models I said (well I had to)
She Frowned very loudly.
In the packages? From a well known Railway emporium in Liverpool, two Airfix Lightnings
Destined for the sale of the Century reloaded and two Airfix Spitfire F.22/24's
In the other from a well known online retailer, two 2nd hand Revell Lancaster, one with yellow
Fins box unopened and one Dambuster Box opened but bag still sealed, both 1/2 price :thumbsup:
:cheers:
Almost worth the Frown ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Bungle

Quote from: Knightflyer on February 03, 2014, 05:35:41 AM
Your Canadian/US haul sounds very similar to the one I ordered pre-Christmas that arrived late January. Out of Canada, but posted in the US. Same issue with customs as you had

Sounds like the same source, a good deal but a lot more plastic than I wanted. Only took ten days to get to me though. What the heck are you going to do with six Shackletons ? All those rivets...  :banghead:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Knightflyer

A good question actually ....I think the price per kit blinded me to the reality of the plastic

psssssst ....... anybody interested in a reasonably priced Shackleton kit?  :-\ :smiley:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Spey_Phantom

30% off of all 1/144 revell fighters at a toystore in town  :thumbsup:

got:

-2 F-104G Starfighters
-1 F/A-18C Hornet
-1 Alpha Jet (Patrouille De France)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Captain Canada

That's a good deal Nils ! I had one of those Starfighters in my hand yesterday....is it a nice kit !

I also just recalled that they had a Monogram Albatross kit that I wanted. I spent so much time looking around that I forgot to buy it ! D'oh !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Capn,

The Revel 1/144 F-104G is a superb little model. I just do not know what to do with mine at the moment.  :banghead:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Ta ! I'll be sure to grab the next one I see !

I'd suggest a side-by-side two seater as an option  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones