My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Thorvic on March 18, 2014, 08:42:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 18, 2014, 08:14:38 AM
Xtrakit DH Vampire FB 5. This is the new tool MPM kit in an Xtrakit boxing. I can probably, just, squeeze this into the end of my Alt WWII scenario

DP Casper transfer sheet - Forgotten Operations : Meridian Jan 1945. Loads of FAA late War markings. Thanks to Geoff (Thorvic) for alerting me to this

Well it seemed right up your street, from a real aspect as well as whif  :thumbsup:

Yup there's some real ones on there I want to build. The Walrus for one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 08:37:02 AM
It's no good, curiousity has got the better of me, I must ask....just how many Spitfire's do you have ? :unsure:

It's a bug that grips you, I've got nearly sixty of them (only 6 are 1/48, all the rest are 1/72), but that's about half what Lee has ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Knightflyer

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 18, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
It's no good, curiousity has got the better of me, I must ask....just how many Spitfire's do you have ? :unsure:

It's a bug that grips you, I've got nearly sixty of them (only 6 are 1/48, all the rest are 1/72), but that's about half what Lee has ---

Oh dear...this is not good ....I have 101 of them  :o :-\ :blink:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Wooksta!

Tempted with that Vampire but may just leave it for a while - plenty of Heller ones in the stash.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

They're planning a F.1 as well, so that would better fit an extended WWII.

Test shots:
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944641-dehavilland-dh-100-vampire-new-172-model/

Tempted myself, despite having a few Heller/Airfix kits in the stash....  Fingers crossed they do an RAF Venom too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

If there is a Mk.1 coming, I can toss out the really crude Maquette (I think) conversion I have
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 08:58:49 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on March 18, 2014, 08:55:00 AM

Oh dear...this is not good ....I have 101 of them  :o :-\ :blink:

My count is 92, with GAZILLIONS of add-on Spitfire bits and pieces.  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

I have more stashed Spits than any other type, but then that's entirely Wooksta's fault. He very generously sent me a big pile of resin parts which could make easily a dozen or so models (I think), in addition to the ~six plastic kits I have. More than I'm ever likely to build in truth, but it's nice to have options. :cheers:

Just ordered something, which is possibly my first buy of the year (I may be wrong though!). Won't reveal what until it's arrived - I can pretty much guarantee nobody will know what it is. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Chris Payne

Popped into Scoonie Hobbies in Kirkcaldy while away on deliveries.

Picked up the Revell 1/72 F-16 MLU "Solo Display" :thumbsup:
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Gondor

Actually received yesterday but the "Blond" receptionist we now have forgot to tell me so I didn't get hold of it untill today

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa RF-4E/RF-4EJ Phantom II J.A.S.D.F. 501 Sqn boxing from the big H.

Contains an RF-4E and an F-4E with Kai sprue's and injection moulded pods for the RF-4EJ. Almost any version of F-4E can be built and various options of RF-4 can be built all for the wonderful price of £26.99 which for the two kits alone is a bargain at their current prices! At any rate this means that I have kits for all the versions of F-4 in J.A.S.D.F. that I will need for real life builds.

The size of the box though is HUGE. The boxing of two F-4B's from CVW-19 is the same size! Its the same size as the 1/48 F110A box that I have!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Librarian

Quote from: Army of One on March 17, 2014, 02:54:21 PM
Blinking hell......just found a nearly complete 1/48 Revell Rafale M under the Hase Hornet......the rwo boxes of bits are awesome. ....there appear to be nearly complete kits in there as well.......gonna take a while to sort through the boxes....

Mystery over. I always wondered where I'd put that Rafale.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitnut617 on March 18, 2014, 09:53:50 AM
If there is a Mk.1 coming, I can toss out the really crude Maquette (I think) conversion I have

More likely Marivox.  The plastic bits were a bit crude and the plastic horrid but it did have a large PE fret and a comprehensive decal sheet.  I've got one  - somewhere...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 18, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

More likely Marivox.  The plastic bits were a bit crude and the plastic horrid but it did have a large PE fret and a comprehensive decal sheet.  I've got one  - somewhere...

Yes I've one of those - bought from The De Havilland Heritage Centre. If they bring out Mk.1 Vampires and then 1/72nd Venoms I shall weep ......tears of happiness! :thumbsup: I think I shall still with my Heller/Airfix Mk.5 Vampires though, although the additional detail on that new one is stunning
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 18, 2014, 01:00:30 PM

More likely Marivox.  The plastic bits were a bit crude and the plastic horrid but it did have a large PE fret and a comprehensive decal sheet.  I've got one  - somewhere...

Marivox it is. I've one in the stash as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2014, 09:25:06 AM
They're planning a F.1 as well, so that would better fit an extended WWII.

Test shots:
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944641-dehavilland-dh-100-vampire-new-172-model/

Tempted myself, despite having a few Heller/Airfix kits in the stash....  Fingers crossed they do an RAF Venom too.

That's good news.

The Mk5 has plenty of unmarked items on the sprues inc. a canopy and windscreen