My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 18, 2014, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on March 18, 2014, 09:53:50 AM
If there is a Mk.1 coming, I can toss out the really crude Maquette (I think) conversion I have

More likely Marivox.  The plastic bits were a bit crude and the plastic horrid but it did have a large PE fret and a comprehensive decal sheet.  I've got one  - somewhere...

Yes I've one of those - bought from The De Havilland Heritage Centre. If they bring out Mk.1 Vampires and then 1/72nd Venoms I shall weep ......tears of happiness! :thumbsup: I think I shall still with my Heller/Airfix Mk.5 Vampires though, although the additional detail on that new one is stunning

Yes, now I remember Lee, thanks.  One day I'll get my Aeroclub injection Venoms built too
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 18, 2014, 11:29:31 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 08:58:49 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on March 18, 2014, 08:55:00 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 18, 2014, 08:37:02 AM
It's no good, curiousity has got the better of me, I must ask....just how many Spitfire's do you have ? :unsure:

It's a bug that grips you, I've got nearly sixty of them (only 6 are 1/48, all the rest are 1/72), but that's about half what Lee has ---

Oh dear...this is not good ....I have 101 of them  :o :-\ :blink:

My count is 92, with GAZILLIONS of add-on Spitfire bits and pieces.  :o

I have exactly 2, both of which came in job lots with other things. I used to have 3, but I gave one away for free.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

I have none, never caught my attention..
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

I can honestly say that I do not know how many Spitfires I have.  However, it's definitely in 3 figures and two stash locations...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Today a box arrived containing two Tamiya (nee Italeri) Mig 29s, an Airfix DH88, an ICM soviet air to air missile set, a 20mm flak 38 and a soviet 37mm AA gun.  All 1/72 obviously.  Make of that what you will...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

A brown paper parcel containing a Maquette Fairey F.D.-2 [1/72]
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Knightflyer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 18, 2014, 02:57:53 PM
I can honestly say that I do not know how many Spitfires I have.  However, it's definitely in 3 figures and two stash locations...

mmmm...definitely 3 figures ....narrows it down from 100 to 999! High, Low or Middle end of that range roughly?  :unsure: ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

The Wooksta!

I'll be conservative and say mid range - 400 - 600.  There's about 100 built whiffed ones too.

I know I bought 265 items for The Plan in 2011 - but that covers Supermarine 224, Spitfire, Seafire, Spiteful, Seafang and Attacker, so Spitfire can cover a wider range of airframes.  A conservative estimate would say I bought similar in 2012 with a lower number in 2013 due to redundancy and associated fiscal belt tightening.

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 19, 2014, 01:33:49 PM
A brown paper parcel containing a Maquette Fairey F.D.-2 [1/72]

Beware that will be flashed to hell.  On my two examples bought at least ten years back, the exhaust had so much flash it had healed over and the u/c doors were shot.  Plus the wheels themselves were unusable.  If you can find a Novo boxed example, you'll be better off.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

QuoteBeware that will be flashed to hell.  On my two examples bought at least ten years back, the exhaust had so much flash it had healed over and the u/c doors were shot.  Plus the wheels themselves were unusable.  If you can find a Novo boxed example, you'll be better off.

Thanks for the heads up Wooksta. First inspection does indeed reveal a "certain amount" of flash, but no worse than the Gomex Gloster E28/39 "Sea Squirt" currently in progress :banghead: Mind you, £10.39 +p&p was a lot less than what was being asked for the Novo boxing ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on March 18, 2014, 11:55:00 PM
Today a box arrived containing two Tamiya (nee Italeri) Mig 29s, an Airfix DH88, an ICM soviet air to air missile set, a 20mm flak 38 and a soviet 37mm AA gun.  All 1/72 obviously.  Make of that what you will...

You're going to have an AA-9 armed Soviet DH88 shooting down two MiG-29 gunships?  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 18, 2014, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 18, 2014, 09:25:06 AM
They're planning a F.1 as well, so that would better fit an extended WWII.

Test shots:
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234944641-dehavilland-dh-100-vampire-new-172-model/

Tempted myself, despite having a few Heller/Airfix kits in the stash....  Fingers crossed they do an RAF Venom too.

That's good news.

The Mk5 has plenty of unmarked items on the sprues inc. a canopy and windscreen

Here's another thread where they state outright they'll be doing a Mk.1.  There's another one that I can't find at them moment where they state they will be doing several variants, apart from the Mk.1 and Mk.3, they don't say what they'll be.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950992-dh100-vampire-in-172-new-photos-of-mpm-model/

Here's Hannants listing of injection Vampires, seems the Vampire kits will be in various boxes from the MPM stable, Azur, Special Hobby and of course Xtrakit.
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&product_type_id=1821&code=&scale_id=956&keyword_search=vampire&setPerPage=25&sort=type&search_direction=asc&save_search_name=&save_search=
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on March 19, 2014, 04:25:42 PM
Mind you, £10.39 +p&p was a lot less than what was being asked for the Novo boxing ;D

Should I sell my original Frog boxed version? It might supplement my pension a bit.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:14:20 AM
Mind you, £10.39 +p&p was a lot less than what was being asked for the Novo boxing ;D

Should I sell my original Frog boxed version? It might supplement my pension a bit.  ;D

I'd get into Whirlwind (helicopters) if I were you Kit, been following them on E-bay and the Airfix ones sell for low-teens upwards, the Italeri ones for high-teens to low twenties  :angry:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 20, 2014, 03:39:48 AM

I'd get into Whirlwind (helicopters) if I were you Kit, been following them on E-bay and the Airfix ones sell for low-teens upwards, the Italeri ones for high-teens to low twenties  :angry:

I kicked off my eBay selling spasm with an Airfix Beach Buggy kit, starting at £.500. It went for £36.00!!!!!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:55:16 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 20, 2014, 03:39:48 AM

I kicked off my eBay selling spasm with an Airfix Beach Buggy kit, starting at £.500. It went for £36.00!!!!!  :o

Is that retirement looking GOLDEN yet then Kit, lots of plastic nest-eggs hatching ? :lol: