Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 20, 2014, 03:59:25 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:55:16 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on March 20, 2014, 03:39:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:14:20 AM
Quote from: Leading Observer on March 19, 2014, 04:25:42 PM
Mind you, £10.39 +p&p was a lot less than what was being asked for the Novo boxing ;D

Should I sell my original Frog boxed version? It might supplement my pension a bit.  ;D

I'd get into Whirlwind (helicopters) if I were you Kit, been following them on E-bay and the Airfix ones sell for low-teens upwards, the Italeri ones for high-teens to low twenties  :angry:

I kicked off my eBay selling spasm with an Airfix Beach Buggy kit, starting at £.500. It went for £36.00!!!!!  :o

Is that retirement looking GOLDEN yet then Kit, lots of plastic nest-eggs hatching ? :lol:

It's looking hopeful, I currently have four pages worth of stuff on eBay and at least four bidding fights going on.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 04:06:20 AM
Mind you, £10.39 +p&p was a lot less than what was being asked for the Novo boxing ;D

Should I sell my original Frog boxed version? It might supplement my pension a bit.  ;D

I'd get into Whirlwind (helicopters) if I were you Kit, been following them on E-bay and the Airfix ones sell for low-teens upwards, the Italeri ones for high-teens to low twenties  :angry:

I kicked off my eBay selling spasm with an Airfix Beach Buggy kit, starting at £.500. It went for £36.00!!!!!  :o

Is that retirement looking GOLDEN yet then Kit, lots of plastic nest-eggs hatching ? :lol:

It's looking hopeful, I currently have four pages worth of stuff on eBay and at least four bidding fights going on.  :thumbsup:

Who are you selling as? Might need to see what to avoid / join in!
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Dizzyfugu

Just bought a bundle of various Red Arrows decals through ebay. Someone posted the idea of a Harrier GR.1 as a Red Arrows solo aircraft, and I like that idea a lot....  ;D

Bright red should suit a Harrier well!

Rheged

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 20, 2014, 04:31:22 AM
Just bought a bundle of various Red Arrows decals through ebay. Someone posted the idea of a Harrier GR.1 as a Red Arrows solo aircraft, and I like that idea a lot....  ;D

I like the idea of a Red Arrows Harrier  in hover, "bowing"   to the Royal Box  at the start/finish of a show!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

Yep, blowing away the Royals...  ;D

Should have a wonderful retro look, anyway, and I actually wonder why that never happened?

Librarian

I can remember having this exact same conversation with my brother at an air show donkeys years ago....all the possibilities of using the Harrier. He came up with this fantastic idea of the team lined up in hover doing a Mexican wave. Love to see the Harrier in OLD Red Arrows scheme though.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Knightflyer on March 20, 2014, 04:10:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 04:06:20 AM

Who are you selling as? Might need to see what to avoid / join in!

My eBay ID is 'kit-small-wheels'. I'm waiting for the next 'free weekend' to post my next batch.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Someone on here did that a few years ago with a GR1 I think. It looked AWESOME!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Weaver

From ebay: set of decals from the Heller 1/288th Ariane IV.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on March 19, 2014, 08:50:03 PM
Quote from: zenrat on March 18, 2014, 11:55:00 PM
Today a box arrived containing two Tamiya (nee Italeri) Mig 29s, an Airfix DH88, an ICM soviet air to air missile set, a 20mm flak 38 and a soviet 37mm AA gun.  All 1/72 obviously.  Make of that what you will...
You're going to have an AA-9 armed Soviet DH88 shooting down two MiG-29 gunships?  ;)

Don't tempt me...

The Migs were soooooo cheap on HLJ I bought 2 planning to try to sell one for enough to cover the postage.  However, having opened the boxes all these 4 engined/x wing possibilities are swimming through my head.
The Comet is crying out for jet engines or would make for a really graceful seaplane.  Long distance Schneider Trophy contender?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Librarian on March 20, 2014, 12:40:27 PM
I can remember having this exact same conversation with my brother at an air show donkeys years ago....all the possibilities of using the Harrier. He came up with this fantastic idea of the team lined up in hover doing a Mexican wave. Love to see the Harrier in OLD Red Arrows scheme though.

That's the plan - all red with a rather simple livery, maybe a white cheatline on the flanks, but nothing more. Should match with the Gnats or the early Hawks, so that the GR.1 is in an appropriate time frame.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:49:42 PM

Someone on here did that a few years ago with a GR1 I think. It looked AWESOME!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I am not certain where I got the idea. I think I saw that one, and I remember having seen a CG graphic (but IIRC this was a Sea Harrier) of such an aircraft. It's pretty iconic, I think - HOW British could it potentially be?

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

martinbayer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
My eBay ID is 'kit-small-wheels'.

Quite a way to mask your identity - people would naturally expect 'kit-long-wings'... ;)

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: martinbayer on March 21, 2014, 01:55:31 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2014, 03:48:06 PM
My eBay ID is 'kit-small-wheels'.

Quite a way to mask your identity - people would naturally expect 'kit-long-wings'... ;)

Hehehe, maybe so, but when I first signed up on eBay it was to get some parts for my Moulton bike collection, and they have small wheels.  ;D

Regards
Kit