My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

A pair of Airfix Yak 9ds in one box from Evil-Bay.  These will eventually become the  ducted fan twinned aircraft I dreamed about.  Being classic old Airfix they have rivets the size of plates.  I may highlight them with silver paint when I build it.  Just cause...

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 28, 2014, 01:49:42 AM
...and a Bandai "Cosmo Falcon Fighter" from Space Battleship Yamato 2199, directly from a store in Japan. Saw the box art and thought that this could eventually be turned into a contemporary 5th generation fighter with only minor mods - maybe with Red Stars...?  ;D

I've had my eye on them for a while.  They look great.  I'm working on a box stock 1/1000 Yamato ATM.  Bandai make good kits.  How many colours are these moulded in?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Quote from: aerofan on March 29, 2014, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: Captain Canada on March 29, 2014, 02:42:09 PM
Stopped at Ed's Hobbies today and snagged a pair of Ftoys- a 500 scale ANA YS11, and a 144 scale Japanese fire Servic AS365. I love toys !

Didn't know Ed the sock owns a hobbyshop?  :lol:. Do remember that green haired, cigar smoking grey sock?

Didn't watch him much.....he was too cheesy ;-)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: pyro-manic on March 28, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
There may have been a Moebius influence, certainly, though I'm not aware of Kobayashi discussing it (I know Hayao Miyazaki was quite vocal about the influence Moebius/Heavy Metal had on Nausicaa in particular). He's done a huge amount of mechanical design work (including some Gundam and the vanships in Last Exile), as well as building models. A lot of it has been compiled in the "Hyper Weapon" series of books which are really rather cool. Dragon's Heaven is available on Youtube, if you're interested. It's a very weird bit of animation - the style is quite unlike any other I've seen, and although it's quite a low budget it still works well. The story isn't anything special, but it's cool in it's own weird way.

There's an overview of some of MK's stuff here: http://aswars.tripod.com/index.html

Watched a bit of Dragon's Heaven. Definite Moebius influence: drawing style, colours, fashions, creatures, backgrounds, the works. It's like an animated Arzach or Airtight Garage with giant robots thrown in. Mind you, nothing wrong with that: it's well done, and it's nice to see Moebius's stuff moving... :thumbsup:

Doco on the man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNas99oEXBU
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

just got back from a rummage sale, bought 2 new kits.  :thumbsup:

-Hasegawa 1/72 F11F-1 Tiger
-Hasegawa 1/72 OA-4M Skyhawk
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Nick

Quote from: kitbasher on March 27, 2014, 04:12:52 PM
The Zvezda 1/144 Hurricane that comes with the latest edition of SAMI.

Tiny isn't it?  ;D
Ten parts and one is the clear canopy...

SAMI was a nice little read too, I very rarely buy magazines.

McColm

1/72 Airfix AC-130H gunship
1/72 spare or repair C-130 H. (No glazing in the cockpit).
Might go for a stretch version and use the wings on a C-160, using spare parts on the LEC-130V Mad Hatter.

deathjester

E555 from Chrisonord, Mig 21 from Kit, and what looks like a nice little CVR(W) Fox from eBay!

Dizzyfugu

Was at the Euromodelexpo in Heiden (Germany) and came home with two AZ Models Kikkas (one single seater, one two-seater - the leftover single seat fuselage of the latter already makes my head spin with bashing ideas...), a Special Hobby "Falklands Special Ed.) Pucará and a "Cuban Air Force Spec. Ed." Hawker Tempest (had one on the list, anyway, but was pleased by the fact that I now get the right decals OOB) and a Valom N.A. FJ-1 Fury.

Gondor

From ebay

1 x 1/72 Trumpeter Xian FBC-1 Flying Leopard           Looks like a Jaguar but doesn't look like a Jaguar  :blink:

1 x 1/72 12 SQUARED F4X(S) - HIAC conversion set       Been after one of these for ages and thanks to Thorvic I now have one.  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

1/72 Dart-stang from Red Roo models.  Box contains an Academy P51-D and a resin conversion kit to build the Dart powered mustang that never quite got to fly.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

The bits may fit the newish Airfix kit - there's something not quite right with the Academy one.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

The dihedral is wrong, but the conversion fixes that.
Not too much is actually used...

...meaning a spare fuselage etc for whiffery.
Fred

Gondor

arrived today from ebay

1 x 1/72 ANiGRAND XF-108 To be an F-108 in My century series themed build

1 x 1/72 ANiGRAND I.A.I. Lavi Not fully decided what to do with this one, I might put it in Chinese markings to make it look like a J-10 for a change rather than an in service Israeli aircraft which is still an option probably with a spine like the late F-16 two seater's.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

So you out bid me on eBAY.
Never mind, I think that I might have bagged a bargain. On the box it's a Tu-154 Playfix scale 1/100. Inside the box it's the IL-62 (VC 10 lookalike).

The Wooksta!

Someone doing an IL 62 in 144th - Zvezda?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic