My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 17, 2014, 12:51:23 PM
Howard,  according to here http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/authentics.htm
Napoleonic French blue

thank-you!  :thumbsup:

i did find a cross reference on a humbrol paint chart that gave MC8 as equal to 104 [or oxford blue] but knew the
MC8 would have had a proper name.

Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

added at the weekend via Ebay

One new tool Airfix Douglas C-47 Skytrain. And there's a 2nd on the way direct from Airfix.

Stunning kit, But a tad overpriced for a 72nd scale Dak. Not a problem for me, As I have quite a few Italeri and ESCI kits to see me through most Dakota ideas that come my way
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

major

Big box of goodies arrived today from Bungle. :thumbsup:
Although, with the summer holidays fast approaching, my three nephews will, no doubt,
arrive to rapidly deplete the stash!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: major on May 19, 2014, 03:15:23 PM
Although, with the summer holidays fast approaching, my three nephews will, no doubt,

NOW is the time to either dig a large hole in the garden or re-read 'The Colditz Story' and start making secret hidey holes around the house. You know it makes sense......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

NOW is the time to either dig a large hole in the garden or re-read 'The Colditz Story' and start making secret hidey holes around the house. You know it makes sense......

The old part of the house has suspended floors, with a 5 foot drop! SHMBO thinks its an ideal place to store my stash, once she realised i wasn't going to put her in there! ( although the thought, fleetingly, crossed my mind!) 
If i just do the model room, it'll give me 800 cubic feet of storage! Means i can empty the boot of the Cadillac! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Of course, if you set certain models aside for the boys & assist them with the building & give them ideas about how to do the job 'right', you're "Creating tomorrows (whif-)modellers, today!"
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Yet another Airfix 1/72 Hurricane. The early boxing, as certain images on this site have made me find some Flying Tigers transfers in the relevant box  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

found a little treasure over at the goodwill store.

for 1.5 euro's i got a Hasegawa 1/72 Macross Plus YF-19  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

For 1.50?? You lucky so-and-so.... :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Green Dragon

Great bargain Nils!
Got a few more kits over the last few weeks.
Airfix Short Tucano (3rd)
AZ Bell AH-1G Huey Cobra early USMC
Dragon Do335A-12
Matchbox F-86A Sabre
Revell/ex Frog Do335 still sealed from the 70's
Trumpeter JL-8/K-8 Karakorum (2nd)
Trumpeter Sukhoi Su30MKK "Flanker G"
Esci 1/48th A-4E (2nd)
Kitty Hawk 1/48th Dauphin II
Got a Roden Jetstar too

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Captain Canada

How does that Roden JetStar look ? And the AZ Huey ? was thinking of ordering both, but I'll probably get that three-kit joypack of the Cobra.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 20, 2014, 06:14:30 AM

Of course, if you set certain models aside for the boys & assist them with the building & give them ideas about how to do the job 'right', you're "Creating tomorrows (whif-)modellers, today!"

Just make sure you redact any colour scheme information contained in the instructions and "lose" the box lids so they are forced to come up with their own paint jobs.

This morning my friendly parcel van driver (nearly my favourite person) handed me a nice large box bearing the Hobby Link Japan logo.  This contained;
Tamiya 1/72 Douglas Skyray (no plans - I just love the shape and it was $7)
Tamiya (ex Italeri) 1/72 Mil 24 Hind (remember that crazy Cuban camo scheme - here we go...)
Aoshima 1/24 Stormzender Spiegel HP-022 Marie Arbert Luisa - this is another Cyber Formula GPX car and can be built in either Circuit or Aero Speeder Mode.  It has a nicely moulded vinyl standing drivers figure.

Martin - how does the new Airfix Dak compare to the earlier Italeri and ESCI kits?  Is it worth the extra $$$?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Proud to announce that my pile has NOT grown for about a week!  ;D

pyro-manic

Arrived today, via ebay (and after a fairly lengthy delay), a Master Grade 1:100 OZ-00MS "Tallgeese" kit by Bandai.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

From our own NARSES2 today, the 'missing' sprue E from the full-on Airfix Hurricane that will be missing from the lesser Hurricane that's in the post to me somewhere.  :thumbsup:

Nice one Chris, thanks very much.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit