My stash just grew again (2014)

Started by Thorvic, December 31, 2013, 09:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

From that well known Liverpuddlian Retailer of Railway Requisits
All Airfix and all 1/72
2 x Lightning F2A (starter set boxing as it was £1:30 cheaper than the ordinary one) for more deal of the Century
Lightnings :thumbsup:
2 x Mustang (1 F-51 1 P-51) for a twin Mustang
1 x Spitfire 22
1 x Harrier Gr1 (going to join the AAC leaving 1 Sqn free for a proper fighter ;D)

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Leading Observer

1/72 Academy C-97A and Airfix D-Day Air Assault set
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

As the new Airfix Blenheim is supposedly out, I'm hoping to have one in my hands by the end of the day...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

From Coventry Show today, where it was delightfully sunny and warm....

1/72nd Italeri F-117...to be pretty colours with pretty ladies, but USAF.
1/72nd Hasegawa F-16CJ...to be real USAF

1/48th Revell/Monogram Do335....not sure but Luftwaffe in some way.

1/35th LAV-150 with 90mm gun. This will be German.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

Stash additions from Coventry.

Italeri RF-4E
Bilek/Italeri F-4G
Heller SAAB J29 Tunnan.
Matchbox Priveteer.
Monogram Bearcat
Williams Bros C-46.

And from Combat Conversions
Lockheed Herculese W Mk-2 conversion (Two sets)
A conversion I have been wanting to do for years,now I can do it the easy way..................

Of the 4 W-2 sets Combat had on their stand, the sig accounted for 3.  I bagged no's 1 & 2, Mr Spackman claimed the 3rd.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Direct from Airfix, ordered yesterday (Monday morning and arrived at 2-00pm this afternoon (Tuesday)  :bow: two of the new tool Blenheim Mk I's

Looks very good on the sprues, lots of parts. The canopy is split horizontally but is at least split down the middle of a frame. The suggested breakdown and suggested construction method for the front end is interesting and whilst obviously done to facilitate the forthcoming Mk IV may well help to "get around" the joining of the canopy halves. They at least do not appear to be load bearing so you can be sparing with cement. The instruction sheet looks as though it will repay some carefull attention, which is something most of the latest Airfix kits have required given they have tried out some novel construction methods when compared to the way things have always been done.

Anyway 1 will be real world, not the box offering, but RAF sometime between Munich and Dec 39 whilst the other will be Belgian and may well have the 8 x 20pdr anti personnel bombs fitted to the rear fuselage as well as the 250lb's in the bomb bay.

I'll get started on this in the next few weeks

Forgot to mention the best part of this deal. I got the 2 kits for £14.96 including postage  ;D

I had a nice little discount voucher which expired end June so timing was perfect - thank you Airfix for the kits and the discount
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received today from Ebay

1 x 1/72 Anigrand Sikorsky S-67, Not sure how to finish this, the Black overall with the yellow cheat line that comes in the box is tempting but so is Olive Green or whatever the colour is of an operational machine.

1 x 1/72 Trumpeter F-107A, Again I am undecided on the markings for this one, OOB markings wise probably although I will be trying to make the kit more accurate. For my Century series themed build of which I am only missing an F-103 and a F-109.

1 x 1/72 Frog F-4K/M, bought to convert into a different version as the fuselage was glued together and a ton of plasticine has been fitted into the forward fuselage  :blink: the canopy is missing as well but will not be a problem.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

from the coventry show and elsewhere

1/72 matchbox HS125 [i'll convert this to a ECM variant]
1/72 hasegawa F-111D/F
1/72 hobbycraft DHC otter floatplane
1/72 esci CV-22
1/35 italeri M923A1 'big foot' truck
1/72 RoG F-16C 'solo turk' display a/c
Keeper of George the Cat.

deathjester

Quote from: Gondor on June 24, 2014, 11:10:28 AM
Received today from Ebay

1 x 1/72 Anigrand Sikorsky S-67, Not sure how to finish this, the Black overall with the yellow cheat line that comes in the box is tempting but so is Olive Green or whatever the colour is of an operational machine.

Gondor

Airwolf colour scheme!!

Martin H

2 of the new Airfix Blenhiem I's are now in my protective custody.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

There's a cracking "build article" on the Blenheim I in the Airfix Magazine.

Meanwhile, I have sinned (well, I would have done if I believed in sin!!)

1/35th Tamiya Panther.....to be modded for a Panzer 46 whiff.
2 x 1/35th "snap together" M1A1 Abrams....to be whiffed for Panzer 46.
2 x 1/48th Monogram F-4C Phantoms.....you'll not believe what I'll be doing to one of them!!  :wacko: :wacko:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Radish on June 26, 2014, 12:49:57 AM
2 x 1/48th Monogram F-4C Phantoms.....you'll not believe what I'll be doing to one of them!!  :wacko: :wacko:

Keep it clean! :blink:

Where's the mind bleach when you need it? :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Mossie

Quote from: deathjester on June 25, 2014, 12:23:47 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 24, 2014, 11:10:28 AM
Received today from Ebay

Gondor

Airwolf colour scheme!!

Good one!

If you want something operational but colourful, how about a late eighties USMC machine in three colour camouflage?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

....meanwhile, in Canada, we're still waiting for the fabric-winged Hurricane. Love this single-source routine already ! Maybe I should fire off a letter. Better yet, find out the facts and start a campaign  :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Radish

And forgot to mention 2 x 1/72nd DH Vampire T.11s. :thumbsup: